Slaanesh Demon Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Slaanesh Demon Prince

Still have a little bit of customizing to do on him. Since he's going to be used as a Lash prince, I want to model a whip of warp energies coming from his pointing hand, but I'm still practicing with my green stuff skills.

Other than that, lemme know what you guys think.

http://www.nhyx.com/chaos/saalaneshdp01.JPG
    http://www.nhyx.com/chaos/saalaneshdp02.JPG
    http://www.nhyx.com/chaos/saalaneshdp03.JPG
    http://www.nhyx.com/chaos/saalaneshdp04.JPG

I've been told he looks better if you're on X, but haven't tried it yet :-P

Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I like the colour scheme, but some of the details seem to be lost due to it. I really can't make out the face's details but overall the model looks great.

In the arms of a small mountain in California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

thats a daemon prince!!!!!!!!!

i love it
    -Bcom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

It's very attractive, but I can't help but have a little bit of a bad point He seems a little 'busy' to be able to pick out details easily on him, it may be much easier when actually with the model but the pictures it is harder to pick out individual areas.

The human brain can only pick out a certain number of colours easily before encountering a 'confusion level' the overall effect on the model does give in an inhuman quality, but may mean it is harder to appreciate the quality of your work.

I look forward to seeing him with his lash. Perhaps you could post a few detail shots of specific areas as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks positively disgusting. Good job!

I'm enamored with the 'busy' color scheme, it looks like somebody forgot to put his makeup on this morning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I quite like the blue flames effect you've done on parts of the model.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice, you've chosen my favorite Daemon Prince model of all time to work with.

Two things I don't like however, first is your choice of shading/layering. At a glance it looked like there were just blotches of color without a great deal of effort gone to pick out the details like raised muscles or the like. This is very noticable around the face area, as whilst you have the blue face and purple head, there's still a little difficulty picking out the details of the jaw, edges of the cheeks, etc. Just a little hard to make out all the details.

Second is something I was chided over for months with my Tyranids. Gloss Varnish is a good thing to use for certain effects, but it doesn't make everything look good. I'm not sure if you've really tried to cover him completely and missed pieces, or if your being selective in what you try to make look shiny and chitinous.

All in all though, an impressive piece and certainly very different from the fleshy-pink Greater Daemon of Slaanesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Thanks for all the critisism/feedback/praise on him, I was actualy pretty proud the way he turned out :-P

As blind pointed out, there is some more shading that needs to be done around the muscles, it's a case of "you dont see it till you take a blown up picture of it". On his face though, you aren't meant to pick out details, it's supposed to be a flamey blue warp energy effect, so shiney and blinding.

I used gloss varnish on 5 spots, his eyes, his hand, his feet, his sword, and the boney parts on his wings. The rest of the shininess is something I haven't been able to solve yet. I know my lighting is crap, so I have to use a flash, and the flash is catching bits and peices of metalic paint/matte varnish sealer.

I picked the color scheme because I wanted it to be vulgar and offensive to look at, make your head hurt, but at the same time it screams out to you and you can't look away. Kinda the "sirens song" that I feel the Slaanesh fluff paints. So it's supposed to confuse you, he's a being of the warp, something that makes normal minds crazy if they look at it in it's pure form :-D

I'll definately post pics as I work on the lash for him.

I just need to figure out what I want to use for a Tzeentch DP, then my chaos army is complete!
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I like how he looks. The effect of the varied colours on him is interesting. That warp whip could be done by gluing a wire to his hand. Go over the wire with green stuff and finish it off with a layer of water effects or gloss varnish before you paint it to smooth it over. You could then paint it up all luminecent so that it will appear like energy.

+ Reply to Thread