Flyers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flyers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flyers

Do you have any tips about painting flyers? Specifically, I like the clear flying mount that comes with the GW models (Eagle/warhawk riders), and I don't want to get paint on them. Any tips?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Don't put them on the base before you paint them. Instead, paint the model, and then attach it to the base. This should solve your problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would always like to paint my models as soon as possible, but I am a new player, and I'm trying to grow my army fast. My problem with the above approach is that it will take me a long time to get my models painted and based. I would like to play with my flyers in my army even if they aren't painted. I will definitely prime the model, but I'm not sure I will paint it before my next game. SO what would you suggest in that case? Just play with an empty base?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

you get two flying stands but one base with the model right. You glue one into the base but don't glue it into the model. Put the other in a spare base, drill into a piece of wood or something, put the model on that, prime it and then keep the painted flying stand for when you paint the model. You still have a clear one in your base for gaming and a painted one for painting.

Never glue the one on the base into the model. It'll last longer that way.
    Hope I helped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Usually you don't even have to glue the stands...
    Currently painting the Waaagh! of Warboss Borboss - Goff and Evil Sunz warband

+ Reply to Thread