Building a tent - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Building a tent

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

16 (x1)

Building a tent

Hello, I want to start creating my own scenery + objectives and I wanted to start with something small but still full of character. I thought of a tent similar to this one Fileining fly (tent).svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia With only one entrance, which is barred by a sniper rifle leaning across it.

My inspiration for this small and simple piece was the Space Marine Scouts with Sniper Rifles box I recently bought, I want to make a tent large enough for a scout (not necessarily a Space Marine, maybe a hunter, who knows?) to crouch inside, and maybe have a smouldering fire outside (though that's ambitious with my lack of skill) but I am rambling

My questions are these: What materials are best for making this? More specifically the guy line, the stakes and the tent fabric. I thought a toothpick could be used as a metal pole, the stakes could be made from some sprue bits, tent fabric could be paper maché, and the guy line could be some sewing string.. but is there anything better? I want the tent fabric to be something that is bendable.. Like to make the curve that a draping fabric would make... but durability would also be a plus...

Also realistically would a tent be able to support the weight of a rifle like that?

Ideas + suggestions would be much appreciated

Last edited by Captain Regath; February 1st, 2009 at 07:41.
    Ultramarines: W1 D1 L1

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

215 (x4)

I would use something stronger for the posts, as it will be proving the structure, perhaps some sprue or some styrene tubing. Stretch a piece of thread over the top and anchor to your base. Cut a piece of paper towel to fit and then dampen with some glue and water mix. You might want to add some paint to the mix too, to pre-color the canvas. Drape, let dry.

+ Reply to Thread