Dhekarst Dreadnought Conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dhekarst Dreadnought Conversion

I've been thinking over how to convert a dreadnought from the Horus Heresy Card game (also can be found in Horus Heresy: Collected Visions p. 302, or by googling "dhekarst dreadnought").

So far i've come up with a few Inquisitor base models (Brother Artemis or the inquisitor lord in terminator-esque armor) to use as a chassis. Someone else i asked recommended a from-scratch, building off a skeletal structure with green stuff and plasticard. The latter I would like to avoid, as i'm not very good with green stuff.

If anyone has ideas as to how to construct this model (just ideas for the chest area and legs would be a phenominal start) I would greatly appriciate it. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

You may want to start from a Warmachine miniature (www.privateerpress.com) as they have similarish models. Or perhaps Mechwarrior but I'm don't know much about that except that the Atlas looks similar also.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

I would say the inquisitor lord tyrus and a large amount of greenstuff will be the best bet. It is a massive project to do such a thing.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, well, thanks. I was kind of afraid I'd have to go that route. Any other ideas on the conversion would be fantastic if anyone has them.

+ Reply to Thread