back for opinions *pic warning* - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Cullman AL,
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

25 (x1)

well it has been a while, i've moved etc etc... needless to say i've been busy and not been able to touch the paint or models in months... so now that i am back to painting somewhat semi-regularly i would like some opinions form people if you don't mind.

this will actually be 3 separate segments as a post my progress through the painting of my venerable dreadnought,

i'm posting it like this so people can actually give ideas for the different stages of painting.

all paints, washes, etc. are GW

the post will be the base stage, followed by ink/wash, then the final

btw, if i am posting the pics wrong please inform me how to post them in a more use friendly fashion.

Last edited by minus_t; February 2nd, 2009 at 15:09. Reason: multiple posts in a row
    Ultramarines WIP

i'm determined to screw up painting till i get it right...

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

Looks like a pretty good start on things there, a bunch of nice basics going on.
    I think a little more care in colour choice would help here and there, the yellow head, especially, seems a little off.

Something that would really help out the larger areas of colour would be some edge highlights. On marines, especially, these are quite nice and simple to do, and really add a 'wow' factor to a model, if done right.
    Grab a brighter, lighter version of your main colour (for blue, I'd suggest a mix of Enchanted Blue and Ice Blue), and thin it down a fair bit.
    Then dip your brush into the paint, so that there is paint about halfway up the bristles.
    Run the edge of the brush along the edge of the model, at about a 45º angle.
    This should leave a thin line along the edge, giving it some contrast and pazazz.

Also, pazazz is probably not a real word.

PS. I also merged your three posts into one. Please refrain from posting several times in a row, unless you have no other choice. You should be able to edit your original post if you have something new to add, and no-one has replied yet. For more info, please read the forum rules, found *here*
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread