Welcome to Librarium Online!
I bought a Venerable Dreadnaught recently, and i noticed that they are allowed to have a twin-linked heavy flamer. However, I'm not totally sure how i would acquire one. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on the most economic way to built or convert one.
So far, i have had two thoughts;
Thats where i stand at the moment. Any help here would be fantastic because i really am rather clueless on how i could get a Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer so i can burn my friends Orks (haha)
- Merge 2 heavy flamers (from the new Land Speeder models), and apply green stuff to just make it look solid.
- Buy an Imperial Guard vehicle sprue if they still have the old Heavy Flamer nozzles and fuel tanks (Does anybody know if those sprue's are still on the current IG models??)
I'd go for option #1 as I have a lot of flamers left over after building two Immolator tanks.
And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
The Defiler comes with a twin-linked Heavy Flamer. Might be worth checking to see can you get the bits online. Otherwise make one from the bits you have.
Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion
It's quite odd that Forgeworld haven't made one of these yet!
Trim the barrels left over from Terminators or from landspeeders if you have some, anything else if you don't.
The old IG ones aren't really in line with the current models so I'd avoid if possible.
And remember to post pics!
Forgeworld does sell a left and right arm that are TL heavy bolters. They are a pretty basic structure, could easily be filled down to make them look like flamers, all you gotta do is add a tank of gas at the end, and a nozzle. just a suggestion.
Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress
Resin is quite a pain to work with though and it's expensive to start hacking away at.
Personally I'd recommend the AoBR Multimelta arm if you can get hold of one, as a barrel swap would be just the ticket as it already has a fuel tank-esque look to it.
I have two suggestions myself:
1) Covert the flamestorm cannon from the new land raider. I think that would do the job nicely
2) Buy the inferno cannon dreadnought arm and say it "Counts As" twin linked heavy flamer.
Just an idea.
* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
* "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."