Librarium Online Forums banner

Need help deciding army scheme! (and fast!)

587 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  King Ulrik Flamebeard 
#1 ·
I have painted approximately 500pts of Dark Eldar and I'm not 100% satisfied with the scheme. Today I tried a new one and I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm not sure which to pick!

If you would please tell me which one you like and why it would help alot.
Also if you have suggestions on how to improve one please tell me.

Thanks!

OR

See less See more
#2 ·
I personally prefer the green/black one, as it's a little more forgiving than white to paint and it feels more sneaky/tricksy than the white, which is ideal for Dark Eldar.

You could water your paints a little, it looks a litle thick (example the green houlder pad) and a little bit of highlighting goes a long way.
But on the whole nice job keep at it.

Zahariel

#4 ·
What is it they say...."patience is a virtue"... not when it comes to painting layers of thinned paint, which kinda gets frustrating! I know that feeling well, i'm currently painting my Deathwing bone white, done 6 layers already and still need to do more!!!!

Are the rest of your models already painted? If so you could strip them beforehand to give you a smoother looking end product. But again that could be time consuming! But as it is they're done to a perfectly good gaming standard.

Zahariel

#6 ·
29 warriors and a raider painted :D

Still the old scheme is mostly black so it won't be such a chore.
So how do you strip a mini from paint?
If it's metal I just dump it in a pot of nail varnish remover leave it a while then use an old toothbrush and a lot elbow grease to scrub it off, then a rinse of warm water worked for me.
I've never removed paint from a plastic model yet, i assume the same way would be fine without damaging the model, although i'd test it on one you didn't like first to make sure!!

Zahariel

#7 · (Edited)
NO plastic and nail polish remover BAD, but there is a product called Simple Green it's an automotive cleaner. To strip plastic do the same thing as with metal and nail polish just leave the model in it longer I think it will remove the paint but won't harm the plastic.

#9 ·
Pink! They must be pink!

I'd say the green and black seeing how white is really really evil to do a whole army on (especially if it's your first, it was... well, really daunting for me when I actually started on my first white firewarrior squad...)

...however, might I suggest a more vibrant green? Something to advertise your Dark Eldar's presence on the board, as well as show off their features a bit better than black and dark green? (Of course, the basing is always bloody dark so... maybe it will get more pronounced the more you play with it.)

#10 ·
I'd say the green and black seeing how white is really really evil to do a whole army on (especially if it's your first, it was... well, really daunting for me when I actually started on my first white firewarrior squad...)

...however, might I suggest a more vibrant green? Something to advertise your Dark Eldar's presence on the board, as well as show off their features a bit better than black and dark green? (Of course, the basing is always bloody dark so... maybe it will get more pronounced the more you play with it.)
I really don't see any other shade of green I could use, as too light looks a bit weak so to say. I am going to do highlights with probably goblin green though.

#11 ·
The second one look like KISS has taken to 40K. ;) I like the green scheme, it simple and like someone said it is very forgiving when compared to the white. I agree on the watering down your paints and highight comment, however, I think a verycareful edge highlight with Scorpion Green could look really quite good.

Kuffy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.