non metallic metal? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

non metallic metal?

how do you paint non metallic metal? ive aske loads of people and noone knows how please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the real secrete that people for some reason don't tell you, start with a darkened hue of the color you want then slowly, over at least 8 layers of the hue being lightened build it up. For a steel or silver color use a flat grey color, like codex grey and add alittle black to it. once you have a smooth base coat of that mix down, remeber to water down your paint to a skim milk thinkness and paint tw or more layers, add just a tiny bit of white or light grey, I use the light grey personally as white seems to get lumpy fior some reason. Now you'll have to be patient becaue between layers you may not see a difference, Always leave a shadow in the edges too, I almost forgot that part...sorry. That is a quick answer but did it make sence to you? If not let me know and I'll send piuctures.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

If you are looking for guides then there are plenty on www.coolminiornot.com that have good instructions on how to achieve the NMM technique. I wouldn't however suggest it unless you are very good at blending.

In simple terms, it is the painting of metallic paints using non-metallic paint. So for instance,painting silver you would use grey. Starting from black or dark grey in the darkest sections, blending slowly until you get to the highlights. I would look at the guides around the net at how, it takes practice and skill.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

Scorched brown
    Blend to bestial brown
    Blend to yellow + snakebite leather
    Blend to white + a little yellow

for silver:
    Basecoat (reaper) armor grey
    blend through greys, up to white.
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

+ Reply to Thread