Tyranid Schemes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Tyranid Schemes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any of you use separate painting schemes for each species in your Nid army? One paint scheme covering over 100 models always seems a bit boring to me, so I paint by species and have an army with lots of different looking critters in it. Anyone else ever painted a Nid army this way?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I painted the different types of 'nids with slightly different patterns, but using the same overall palette of colors to give the army a unified look. You could go hog wild & paint each unit differently, but when you get the whole army on the table, I think it looks nicer when you can tell they all came from the same hive. :lol:

I did add a few oddball colors here & there as unit identifiers (e.g., small orange freckels or small green freckles on genestealers' heads to tell one squad from another).

Frank in L.A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

You could always paint tiger stripes on ones armor and cheetah on another... then as frank said you can make them a bit diffeternt color too... just basicaly the same ^_^

-Jenn

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

I thought about making every choice a different colour, so my HQ was on, troops another etc. But Tyranids are sort of unified as a hive and swarm forward as one colour. I don't know how it would work.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Closed Thread