Cityfight army with a lot of conversion potential? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Cityfight army with a lot of conversion potential?

well by the title i'm sure you know what i want. I want an army that is effective at city fight but mainly ok to convert so they are taking cover, running, basically a really dinamic army. I've got marines and tau so no one suggest them please. I saw a cool salamanders army converted like this on here somewhere, that's the kind of thing. So what army do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

For sheer cityfighting conversion potential, nothing comes close to the Guard.

Urban camo, Digging equipment, combat engineers, gas masks, extra armour, camo netting, engine intake filters, reactive/spaced/lattice/standoff armour, and so much more. Add to that the simple and mercilessly effective tactic of creating murderous crossfire through sheer weight of numbers and it's easy to see why Guard are the ultimate cityfight army.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actualy I think Tau would also be good for conversions: city fighting equipment is generaly CQC weaponry camo and explosives. Tau would be good in these aspects (exept CQC of corse)
    "I know why dont we have wild lesbian sex infront of your boyfriend *evil giggle*" - IDEAS:There are good ideas, bad ideas and ground breaking ideas....and my friends this is a ground breaking idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

You could get some pretty dynamic tyranids, jumping over walls and stuff, or through walls for a carnifex. Lictors molding out of the walls. Guard definitely takes the cake for equipment you can do. Eldar could be pretty cool too, they have some nice running models (in fact pretty much all their models are nice) and like using cover, especially rangers, scorpions also spring to mind.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Necrons?

Hunched, nightmarish machines shrugging off crumbled masonry and cabling to rise up before their foe? Wraiths curling around pillars and pylons, destroyers floating above the urban wasteland...

Not much conversion potential really. I guess its more scenic basing, although I guess this is a form of conversion.

I have seen some rather impressive Cityfight-based Tau, although I realise you asked us not to suggest them.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

I don't know, Urban Combat settings sound like a win for all the armies. Even the Orkies could look like they belong to the city with clever trenchcoat and shade use (with pistols being held sideways of course).

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Orks would be great! Covered in brick and masonary dust. Kommandos sneaking about. Theres loads of potential!

Big chunks of plaster mixed in with small chunks, slate and sand will work well for the bases.

Dan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with the imperial guard.
    Humans look the coolest fighting in cities and are great for conversion.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

If you do end up doing guard or orks or any horde force, go for a small force, or make the bases less detailed, you will quickly be sick of converting a base for a model, I know 1st hand!

Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast