Very Well-painted Ork - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father and I just bought a Canon 10D 6.3MP digicam, so I wanted to try it on something. Here are some pics of one of the Ork's I purchased a few weeks ago. No, I didn't paint them....unfortunately...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad, but I've seen better.
    “ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it's really good, but mostly because it really reminds me of how I used to paint my fantasy orcs!
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad, but still needs some more work.
    If Wolves were meant to fly, wouldn’t the Emperor have given them wings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you're evaluating the camera, I have to say it looks very good. Nice in focus shot with good detail. I recommend you use more light, and diffuse it so it doesn't give harsh shadows. Place several lights around the mini, and put a thin sheet of paper/sheet/tracing paper/tissue between the lights and the mini. Don't lett them catch fire on the lights, especially halogens :blink: That way you get better lighting with no shadows. Also, try placing the mini with a background of some kind. Even a plain blue sheet or sky picture behind it helps the overall appearance. You can also use a matt black background in the distance so you can't see your cat/dog/painting table, etc behind the mini.

As far as the mini, there are two things that would have been very easy fixes that would improve the look greatly. I know you didn't do it, but keep them in mind for future minis. First, file off the flash lines. Nothing looks worse that a good paint job on a mini with sprue stumps and mold lines. Second, finish the base. You can still do this with the one you have. Putty the hole closed (tape it and putty over, putty from underneath, anything to close the slot) Then add a little texture, sand, flock, sticks, whatever you like and paint the base. A finished base adds a lot to the mini and makes your whole army seem like they belong together. If you buy minis painted by other people and the styles are different, by basing them the same you can make them look like they all belong to the same army.

Looks like a good camera choice to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice Wolf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.... Good camera, nice focus.... but i just DON&#39;T like those colors... <_< Don&#39;t know why.... The whole Red pantz and hair thing really isn&#39;t orky for me... where&#39;s his warpaint? And the Leather done on the Arm sashes is a little messy... goin&#39; onto the skin and all... other than that... nice camera&#33;&#33;

I also agree with Wolf... (Raider that is.... :lol: ) the base needs some work... the paint jobs could be ugly as HELL, but an awesome scenic base would TOTALLY make up for that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is that non slotta base ork on a slotta base? I agree with Vampiric_Drake8 that combination of colors is horrible&#33;&#33;&#33; :huh:
    The DS sucks because to look at two screens, you would need two eyes!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this painting isn&#39;t bad, its tabletop quality from far away, and must of taken you a bit of time. Feel proud about this painting. The problem I have with it, is it is not a cleanly painted model. Go over your mistakes. Fix them, for example

right arm of the orc, brown paint is lifting off his armband onto his arm. COver it up.

Fix the eyes.

THese are just small mistakes, you can patchem up.

Anyhow, from the back of your orc I thought he was a ninja turtle action figure :lol:

Incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good clear shot of the mini, so the camera is a good one.

Not at all impressed by the painting though.... that one would be straight in the paint stripper if it were mine.

Closed Thread