Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm calling this bugger done. I've named him The One Year Weaver since I spent a year not painting him.
---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------
I need to drybrush the gravel and some of the herb mix, maybe dab a bit of ink here or there on those areas. I like the static grass. I paint the edge of the base with blackened brown, maybe a medium brown.
He looks good, I love the shade of his dress. And I've always liked your dryads, they look really good and different to others I have seen. I like their pale tones.
The weaver took a year (many months of not being painted). The dryads were the final four of a unit and I put them off for about two months. I ran out of fancy, resin bases and was getting the first eight ready for a GT. I had to finish the bones, spite, and bases on these last four and just put them off. I'll ink/drybrush their bases a touch tonight and spray them with Dullcote and put them away.
Then I have one Reaper ghost to finish and 8 gnoblars to finish and put on ebay.
I feel your pain on the weaver! I've been in this headspace lately where I feel like every model I finish has to be the new best model I've ever done. Makes it tough to get anything done. He did turn out quite well for you in the end!
Curious if you could share your base formula for the Dryads? I've started working on Circle Orboros for Hordes and need some forresty basin' love!
For these, I painted the base a muddy green. The materials are actually quite simple. Rock ballast mix (smallest and next smallest rocks), static grass (don't know which color, maybe a fall grass, not vibrant summer green), and a mix of dried herbs from the kitchen cabinet.
The herb mix is what I'd do differently. I put it in a plasic zip bag and mashed it to try and get the leafy stuff to crumble so it'd pack into the PVA better. Then the other two seeds (mustard and cumin maybe? don't recall, I've had a batch of the stuff for over two years) I try not to crush. I'll use tweezers to place the cylindrical seed sometimes. You can drybrush this like anything else, though I didn't last time.
What I should have is put the rock ballast (just the smallest rock) all over the base, let it dry, and then base them as above, including the rock ballast mix. The reason is that the herbs don't pack and fill like the rocks or static grass do. You can see the PVA glue beneath if you bother to look. From eye level not a big deal, up close, it's obvious. Hmm, this paragraph is leading to wonder if I'm a bit too uptight about some things.
They look ace David, very nice work.
I think that the "horns" on the Weaver could perhaps use another highlight, but apart from that everything looks top-notch.
Excellent paint job dude. Looks great! Been waiting for it, rep+