Disco Marines! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disco Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Disco Marines!

If you have not heard this song(by The Trammps) go to youtube or whatever and listen to it. also helps if you see what they are wearing because that will be my color scheme.

Now onto what the heck this is.

I was in the car on the way to work the other day and the song Disco Inferno came on the radio. I've heard this before but at the time it came on i was thinking about space marines and what i need to get mine done. The two thoughts clashed together! And the Disco Marines came to mind. You may have seen the Disco Marine story online at some point and that is not quite the dirrection i was thinking(just read it yesterday). No crazy colors or anything. So if you watched the video you saw(unless it was different) that they wear bright red clothes with white trim.

So my question for the modelling community is should i use Space Marines or Chaos Space Marines?

I picked these because im going to use rhinos for disco stages, and they are easily converted.

Now they can be one of two things; Disco Marines, or (chapter) Disco Inferno.

As the Disco Marines they would use chaos rules and have all the slannesh goodness that is sound.

As Disco Inferno they would use Space Marine rules and have lots of flamers/meltas and all that, using vulcan of course.

So which is a better choice for the marines?

As for the rhino conversion, i figured i would cut off the entire top hatch and back door, then throw in a tiled disco stage in the back with a disco ball and LEDs shining on it. What you think?

Thanks
    Nox

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Inquisitor_Naravus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Chaos with slaanesh influences.
    You could still call the chapter 'Disco Inferno' but it would be excemunicae hereticus. No reason why you can't use flamers or something as well as noise marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor_Naravus View Post
    Chaos with slaanesh influences.
    You could still call the chapter 'Disco Inferno' but it would be excemunicae hereticus. No reason why you can't use flamers or something as well as noise marines.

Agreed with that.

Adding on to that you could mix and match the Loyal and Chaos parts to get a better range of options.

As for Disco, you have to have a shiny orb on your units or tanks somewhere.

Teleport Homer maybe?

Cool idea BTW.

+ Reply to Thread