What are your experiences with removing the supports under moving cavalry legs? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

What are your experiences with removing the supports under moving cavalry legs?

Yeah, probably poorly worded. You know how a lot of cavalry (Bretonnia in my case at the moment) have supports that connect their hooves to the slot section that fits into the base?

Well what are your experiences with removing that for anyone that has? I can't stand the look of them and want to remove them.

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

I've not done it in years, but in my experience is resulted in still attached but a bit... springy models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Agreed.

It works perfectly well, but it makes for very little support for a pretty good sized model, so you'll need to be careful about handling and storing them to avoid damage.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suggest pinning them to the base if you remove the support, will cut down on the "springy" feel to them

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

I tend to remove the long supports only, the shorter ones I cover up behind soem static gras as a sort of clump gras effect whch looks ok, gives a bit of movement to the model as well.

A
    Last edited by Commisarlestat; March 16th, 2009 at 23:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Ive removed them on my tomb kings army, nothing really happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

You mean the grassy plastic bits modelled on to the horse legs, to attach them to the slot? Yeah, I remove those all the time. I think they look really silly and I can't say I have noticed them being more prone to breaking or more unstable.

+ Reply to Thread