My Su'Tar Paint Scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Su'Tar Paint Scheme

Hey there everyone just wanted to see if these guys were as cool as I think they are. This is my third attempt at painting. Tell me what you think.

Here they are.

Here is what happens when my buddy striker and I take over a table to paint.

The stages of a Necron Warrior

My finished Destroyer.

When the battlefield becomes silent, and the crust of the earth cools to when it was first born, My men and I will roam this land.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the scarabs look awesome.

The Destroyer is good but could use a few touch ups to get places where your brush slipped. I have found that a 20/0 round brush is really good for getting into tight places. Also it has a lot of colors for a Necron. I think if you chose just one color for the tubing it would do a lot to firm up the concept. I personally would go with the green tubing.

As for the warrior he doesn't really seem to fit the paint scheme of the rest of the army.

Overall I think it would be a good looking army for my guard to face.

is a hardcore rebel dutchie the great's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Overall a very nice job, there are a few places that could be touched up, maybe you could use a wash of some colour on the cords that have rivets (if that makes sense) on them.

what did you use for the bases?

-DTG
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ungbloods.html

Come and join the YoungBloods social group!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all of the comments I will definitively use some of the tips. I just managed to finish my monolith today just wanted to share it with you guys. As for the bases I used fine sand that I bought from a local hobby store since my necron's came from the depths of a sand planet. Also if you guys see the large cracks on the seams of the monolith its because the model was warped so I need to fix it with green stuff when I get the chance, other than that props to my friend Striker for helping me assemble it.

Also here is one of my normal warriors next to a beyond cool counter for my deep striking, thank you yet again striker, he painted the cron and setup the rocks I painted the green tubes and red power cord.

Last edited by Sliced_Toast; March 22nd, 2009 at 04:58.
    When the battlefield becomes silent, and the crust of the earth cools to when it was first born, My men and I will roam this land.

+ Reply to Thread