Chaos on DAs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chaos on DAs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos on DAs

Not really a conversion,
    I'd like to emphasize (hope I spelled that right) the more gothic background of my Dark Angels, I planned to swap or customize their backpacks so instead of exhaust pipes there are skulls. I have friends that really dislike mixing parts, whats your opinion on my idea???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

it sounds pretty cool, but don't overdo it or they might start looking like CSM
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah
    i'll probably only do it on the veterans or something
    to bad the DAs don't have cool backpacks like the space wolves...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

:roll: I didn't know SW had special backpacks. What makes them different?
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some of them have wolvs heads...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Oh yes I remember, I've seen some of those .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The backpack idea is based on azreal's pack right? So obviously there is precident.

however... in the spirit of not overdoing it, and in recognition that for many aspects of their organization they still follow the SM codex (I'm a former wolves player so to me they are practically green ultramarines, i like em anyway tho).

To represent this i think it would be really spiffy if you left standard troopers alone, but did the skull-pack Mod on pretty much anyone who has a robe on. (also remember robes signify inner circle so you might not want to get too carried away their either, maybe just have really big command squads using the robed marine troops)

anyway thats my thought on it anyway, hope it inspires a thoughtful resolution to your query.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i planed robed marines for the veteran squad, but hey, why not the skulls too! Maybe some skulls on seargents as well?, well see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, good luck and happy MODing

Although, and I hesitate to bring this up and possibly spoil your plans but better to figure out early rather than have someone tell you after you've put all the work into it.

Do the DA have any veteran squads?

I was under the impression that all of their veterans were either DeathWing terminators, HQ units, or a single veteran sergeant for a regular squad like a tactical or assault squad. Also under elites there is no entry that says 'see SM codex' for veteran squads, like the entries for the dread nought or assult squad in the fast attack area.

This was my assumption hence the suggestion for large command squads whose troops consist of robed marines and your pack-MOD that is lead by an "officaial" deathwing/inner circle guy (or whatever, its up to you)

The problem with doing truly quality, well-thought out conversions, is that you unfortunately have to delve through all that damnable fluff and glaring contradictions in the codex. I will point out that it says that companies 3-10 of the chapter are lead by "leaders" on the margin of page 6, while on the back cover the chapter roster shows them not with leaders but "masters." I think “leaders� are simply meant to be distinguished veteran sergeants, after all the difference in stats only vary by an extra attack for the leader.

I'll let you decide for yourself or ask in the fluff section or whatever but when reasoning out who gets robes and your cool back-pack mod and veterans and what not consider these things:

Tech marines usually aren't affiliated with ANY company, but rather the armory. Standards, apothecaries, and chaplains are each assigned to a specific company. Obviously (i.e. Interrogator chaplains with the deathwing rule) you don't have to be in the "inner circle" of the chapter roster to be a veteran belonging to the 'inner circle' of guys who know the DA's deep dark shame and mission in life.

I'm sorry if I messed up your plans, this is all confusing as all hell and I swear the authors of theses new codices from the third edition of the game never passed high school English, because these codices are so confusing and contradictory and unorganized... (and yes, they actually are paid to write them so hobby fans like us really ought not be able to catch these mistakes so easily!!)

Actually they probably did it on purpose so every year you are forced to buy a new chapter approved book to fix some of the many mistake they made in the original. Reminds me of how software guys sometimes release intentionally flawed versions of a program they all ready have fully developed and debugged, just to make you pay for a new 'update patch' every year without actually doing anymore work. GW is a monopoly in the strictest sense remember, but then I am ranting on now... (Go see my soon to be post in the general discussion for more! More ranting that is I mean)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use legion of the damd back pack they all have skulls on

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast