The green stuff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The green stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The green stuff

Hey I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever used the green stuff instead of glue for metal models? Does it do a good job holding it together, or does it just not work? I would really like to know so that I can decided weather or not to buy some.

When the battlefield becomes silent, and the crust of the earth cools to when it was first born, My men and I will roam this land.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x3)

I would not rely on greenstuf to hold your medal models together. Its best to pin the parts and apply a dab of superglue. If there are any visible cracks in the joints that you want gone then you can add greenstuf to fill it in. Other then that its always a good choice to have some on hand that way you can fill in gaps or sculpt any additonal details you may want.
    World Eater and Blood Angels striped 8/28/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a cheaper alternative to the Citadel brand stuff? I'm a starving artist.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/redrobot/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get Kneadatite in large tubes online. Sorry I don't have any links at this time. It is the same stuff.

Some alternatives though are miliput. There are a few different grades of this and the texture is slightly different but it works well also.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

There are many alternatives to GW Green stuff!

Kneadatite Putty and Sculpting Blanks

Warstore's shipping rates to Canada are fair if you get some friends together and make a decent sized order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you, kind sir.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/redrobot/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

redrobot, just an aside, I tried using GS to hold together certain parts of my models instead of glue.

Terrrrrrible idea. Once it falls off, it makes for a @$@% to get back on. Much better using a two part epoxy glue for metal models and pinning them than to use GS. Plus, GS generally starts to slide slash, melt down if the metal is too heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

Green stuff is not an alternate for glue. I paint for a friend that likes to do this and itís annoying to find that after Iíve primed his models and start painting that they just fall apart in my hand.

In the past I have used Green stuff in joints, let it dry, and then purposely popped the joint and re-glued the new socket. This works well when the joints donít fit right, and the green stuff is used to fill any small gaps, to crate a better contact point.

Quick dry epoxy is a bit harder to use, and can be messy, but itís a good hold, I use it on most of my medal models. It helps to have an extra set of hands to work on another model while you do it, the mixed epoxy you donít use for the joint will dry before you get to use it on a second piece. Having more people using it at once cuts back on wasted epoxy.
    -isitused
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

+ Reply to Thread