For "harsh" negotiations. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

For "harsh" negotiations.

This guy is what you call for when you need to start some diplomatic relations with your foes - at gun point of course!

A Rasyat Diplomat for the game Infinity by Corvus Beli.
    I'm really happy with how he turned out and I feel like I've learned lots while painting him and that I have really improved my layering, although it do still need some work here and there. The OSL was a first for me and I'm very pleased how it turned out.
    I also tried to paint the metallics using washes and highlighting where the 'light would drop'. Still needs some practice with this but I think it turned out alright.

And comments and criticism is, of course, very welcomed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think that looks very good. The flightpack (I think that's what that thing is) works well with the blue for the thrusters. Your hightlights and shading are very well done and bring out the model well. I think the only area that needs a little work is that knife. I think it's being absorbed into the rest of the model a little bit. Some silver added to it would bring it out very nicely and make it look sharp and dangerous. Reppy for coolness of that guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I realise now that the knife is not represented very well at all in these pics and kinda blends with the legs... Damn model being so difficult to photograph! because of he is positioned on the base it means that I can't really get good pics without twisting and turning on it...
    Right, I'm getting another, improved, pic on the knife.

Cheers for the comment!

Edit: New pic of the knife. Still not that good of a pic, but it will suffice. I would really like some thought on how people paint metallics the "NMM way" (ie. shading and highlighting to represent a 'realistic' reflection on the blade) because that's something I aspire to learn.
    Last edited by Da Mighty Camel; March 22nd, 2009 at 01:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

It is well painted, but I think you have too many colors. In the end it makes it seem jumbled and less cohesive.

Green
    Gray
    Purple
    Yellow
    Red
    Beige
    Blue
    Silver
    Gold
    White

That's 10 colors! Unless it is supposed to be that way I would say lower the number to 5 or 6 tops.

In the arms of a small mountain in California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

i like it, the shading is good...well great.

the jumbled colors i think look good, more sci fi and crazy space man ish, though that may not be what your want.

as for NMM i am currently working on figuring it out....its harder than i thought(every one says its easier than youd think)

cheers and rep for awesomeness,
    Bcom
    -Bcom

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Nice model, could easily pass as a Tau model as well.

In the arms of a small mountain in California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x1)

ok so ive just finished my first NMM model.

its a skull pass dwarf warrior(friends bought a few skull passes to bolster their armies and there is spare stuff)

so i looked around and read a bunch on how to do it, and lots of the people said it was easier than it looked.

i started out and my first attempt semi failed, it was too dark(silver) i just started over but lighter and once i finished it was decent it looks like metal(kinda stonish but its my first try)

then i finished off most of the model and ended with the gold, which was way easier than expected. though i think its cause it was a small bit(axehead ornament and shield symbol)

in the end it was easier than it looked but harder than most people make it sound.

patience and some thought is what it took, and you have amazing blending skills so it should be much easier for you.

ill post some pics later, my camera is dead.

cheers,
    Bcom
    -Bcom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by frozencore View Post
    That's 10 colors! Unless it is supposed to be that way I would say lower the number to 5 or 6 tops.
    That's how I like it when it comes to Infinity miniatures. I think their look and style really benefits from the use of many different colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft005
    Nice model, could easily pass as a Tau model as well.
    But it has a knife! And it doesn't look like he's afraid to use it!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Beautiful model and a paint job to match.

~Rabbit
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    Thanks guys!

That's how I like it when it comes to Infinity miniatures. I think their look and style really benefits from the use of many different colours.

But it has a knife! And it doesn't look like he's afraid to use it!
    Yeah... Tau have bonding knifes, and certain groups of Tau are CC oriented. Not unrealistic that they'd have one. I'm surprise they don't have a good CC character as it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast