Obliterators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obliterators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obliterators

I've got a couple of ideas about converting my own obli.
    I really dont like the GW models, and came to think that the Terminators might be great for the job.. With the current sprues for the Terminators, combined perhaps with a terminator lord kit, What else would I need for making 2-3 obli, and not make them Too terminator-ish?

And now to erase your memory of this entire conversation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

A lot of greenstuff and random weapons. Those plus terminators make great oblits! I mean a lot of greenstuff though.
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

SGluciousa got it right. You want them to look really, really bulky and massive. Not just armoured, but with flesh and such all over the place and loads of weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually found this http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1196572 great source of inspiration.

But the checklist for the miniatures will be:
    Tons of weapon. Got some heavy weapons from CSM squads, predator sponsors (just not sure they really fit the purpose.) and the upcoming weapons from both terminators, the lord and some possessed.
    GS work flesh. This might be my first incounter with GS. I've got another project in mind, with some defilers being a bit more muscular and Soul grinder-ish, but these guys might be better for learning, then the defilers.
    Last edited by Dethklaat; March 25th, 2009 at 03:05.

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I have found that by laying down more GS in the arms and torso it seems a lot cooler. I liked the thread that you found, but I didn't think the arms and weapons were done well. They seemed to weak. The few that I built with my friend has a predator autocannon and two missiles on one arm just to represent the beast that he is. Sure, fluffwise he can't use those weapons, but they make him so cool.

In the end Make sure that you use enough GS to not make in oddly proportioned.
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally came through, making my obliterators..

Now, a couple of notes. I unfortunately only have pictures of one of my oblits, and I know the quality could be better. Fixing that.
    And I know the weapon is not in their catalog, but I personally think it's a great weapon.

It's also my first ever work in GS, but got a question about the looks... I want it to have a muscle-like look, but I'm a bit afraid it might look more like fur. I'll paint it in a flesh-like, muscle-like colour, but still?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dethklaat; April 30th, 2009 at 00:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Well the pics aren't very good, but from what I can see it looks fine. Very nice considering it's your first GS-job.

What kind of camera did you use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks fine, just the one issue I can pick out is that on his gun at the front you have a fairly well defined lip of green stuff, which makes it look as though its draped over the gun rather than part of it. Try to smooth it down with another layer of GS to make it flow (maybe some long tendrils coming out from the bulk of the flesh to represent veins?) or just sand it down very carefully. Other than that, dont worry, GS usually turns out better when painted (and it doesn't look half bad in the first place) =P
    Marines - All built, 4/5 painted. Tau - 3/4 built, 0 painted. 'crons - 1/2 built, 1/2 painted.
    I suck at staying on task.

+ Reply to Thread