Mold injection - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mold injection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mold injection

So I was looking at benchtop mold injectors today on the good ol' web and decided that I would have to sell all my possesions just to buy one. So i've started on a grand quest of building my very own Fresh3000 Mold Injector. I've got a few ideas and I figured why not throw them to the wolves and just see how this thing might take off.

Heres my first idea take a benchtop vise and use that to hold the molds in place. Then build a brace on top of the vise to support the actual injector. The injector should basically be like a hotter and bigger version of a hot glue gun with a potentiometer to adjust heat settings.

This is pretty much all I have at the moment but some good old C&C would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    The Freshanator

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Mold Injection? is that like were you have the the mold in a metal case and fill it with plastic?

I used one for a while in Tech ed, don't know what type or model it was but it was easy to use.

You could also for only like $22k get a 3D printer and make models that way(if thats what you want to do)
    We who have seen war will never stop seeing it....In the silence of the night, we will always hear the screams....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish that I could afford something like that it would be sweet. No I was doing somemore brainstorming and research and figured out that this thing is actually going to be somewhat easy to build.

So heres is what I want to add to the shabang.
    I want to mount a motor to the handle of the lever that moves the scew up in down (like a drill press). Then I want to mount a sensor to the top of the tube that the screw sits in. When the screw tip moves past the sensor it activates the motor and the screw starts spining mixing the plastic so it doesnt get to hot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

I can tell you right now that injection molding is not easy. And to make an plastic extruder is a complex project. I'm and electrician and I works for a Fiberglas and plastics company and I look after five extruders. the presser that you need to push the plastic in is very high and if you don't have the plastic a the right viscosity before starting the extruder screw motor you will cause a lot of damage.

if there is any information I can give you to help you let me now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks for you interest. So how big do you think the barrel would have to be and I need to keep it as small as possible but i want to be able to make 4"x4" mold.

I also have some plastic experience (injection\extrusion) so I know some about the process but not everything just basics, but any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
    Fresh

+ Reply to Thread