How to paint Crimson Fists? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

How to paint Crimson Fists?

Im starting a Crimson Fists army and I want to now the best coulers to ues can some one help me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I personally would start with either a mix of midnight blue and chaos black or a pure midnight blue base. Then, add a touch of ultramarine blue to midnight blue paint everywhere, but leave the previous colour to shade. Add a small amount of skull white for highlights. The red I could start with a basecoat of chaos black and red gore, then pure red gore, and finally highlight with a small amount of blood red.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...r-sdc10014.jpg

In a now sadly defunct project I began last year I painted my fists using chaos black undercoat, medium drybrush of necron abyss, medium drybrush of regal blue and light drybrush of ultramarine blue followed by an Asurmen blue wash for the blue armour and mechrite red for the crimson.

Since this pic the red has gained a blood red and fiery orange highlight.

Its quick and easy. I love the foundation paints and I hate mixing paints so I found a couple (or 3) layers of drybrushing helped create a deep blue shade that wasn't quite a single particular colour.

Just for variation on my minis I paint the shoulder pads of all the veteran models and captains silver but a basic tactical squad of ten men should only take about ten hours or so, not including basing and letting the inks dry.

I don't know if I can link to another forum or not, but over on B&C a guy has painted his minis using bolt gun metal and 3 layers of asurmen blue wash and they look great.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

thanks for the help

+ Reply to Thread