Su'Tar lord finally done - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Su'Tar lord finally done

Hey there here are some pictures of my necron lord on foot, he is about 80% done I need to dome some highlights and touch ups then he is good to go.

Custom Weapon FTW

When the battlefield becomes silent, and the crust of the earth cools to when it was first born, My men and I will roam this land.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

The rusk effect on the weapon looks very nice however The watered down brown on the cloak pooling in the recesses really looks wrong IMO. I would def be highlighting that.

But you did say there are highlights to eb done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

looks good , I
    say maybe add more depth to the armor(silver) with brown ink, black or some wash whatever color you want. becuase at moment it looks really dull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there guys I just managed to do some touch ups and I think he turned out pretty good.

When the battlefield becomes silent, and the crust of the earth cools to when it was first born, My men and I will roam this land.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

i like it i would just advise you to put a think down layer of brown ink or black to get depth into your silver. Other then that it looks great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I would post this, because for some reason I could include my entire army quote.

"This world shall know our power and our might, for millions of years we have guarded the royal families of the C'tan. Now our sleep has been disturbed and our most sacred artifact has been stolen, no one shall escape our wrath. My men don't feel pain, fatigue, or fear, what hope do you have of winning against a superior enemy."

-Garent High Lord to the Su'Tar Tomb-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

Pretty cool force you got there but if i were you i would make the cape rad on your lord to help distinguish it more as its going to be on of your center points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was thinking of outlining the cape with gold, would that do the trick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I have a quick tip for your bases. Get some of the new brown wash from GW and blot it heavily onto the whole base. You need to really get it wet so use a ton of wash by dipping an old brush in it then put one dot onto the base and just repeat till it is entirely cover and looks like it could almost drip off. Let it dry and it will add color and depth like you wouldn't believe.

Take it to an extra level by waiting for it to completely dry overnight and then put a few dots of watered down elmers glue onto a few small spots of the base and using the static grass from GW (the stuff that looks like mini grass blades) and then keep sprinking it on and tapping it off (at least 10 times). Don't press the grass down with your fingers or anything, let the glue just do its thing. It will look great.

I might make a thread describing the technique if I hear some interest from anyone. Canew gave me the idea in a previous thread so he gets credit for the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

I think outlining it with anything but browns will make it look unatural and just paitned for the hell of it. I, actually dont know XD i always liked red capeas and also i painted my cape green as i had a brown skelli themed army . I personelly think that painting colors which stand out help models stand out XD.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread