Librarium Online Forums banner

Giant spores, Tyranid Mieotic spore mines, (pics).

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  The Green Meep 
#1 ·
I recently painted up some Tyranid Mieotic spores, (giant alien death balloons):umbrella:. They were fun models to paint and I was happy with the results. They have some nice details on them and lots of room for ink washes, highlighting etc and different colours. I think they look sort of like Triffids they way the float along, in the book 'The day of the Triffids' the word Trygon is given as an early name for the Triffids. The Trygon being another FW Tyranid. Some Tyranid trivia for people there:p. Comments and criticisim welcome.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thankyou. Both but these models are painted mostly just for fun. And they may possibly show up in special scenarios I cook up with people as they aren't Super-heavies. I may use them in apocalypse some day though. I suppose they would make good enslaver models if I was to play a game with enslavers and need some models for them.

#5 ·
They do drop in and explode in a better way than normal spore mines, wrecking everything around. They then cough up some smaller spores. They also have some anti-aircraft rules. Here is a link to something about them. Meiotic Spore - Lexicanum I haven't used them but they do look handy. The rules can't go here because of copyright. They actually have two sets of slightly different rules. One set are found in the Anphellion project, one of Forge world's books. The other less complicated set are in the Forge world apocalypse book.

#10 ·
Thankyou, I'm glad you like my purple slime-bombs. That pink was hard at first. I painted them scab red to start with and then built them up with lighter shades of pink and then ink stains and then more pink. At first they were drybrushed then inked and then drybrushed and then shaded and finally highlighted. I now have loads of skills in the painting of pink and about six different shades of pink mixed up in spare pots. At first they were too bright so I toned them down with inks and loads of shading. Thanks for commenting guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.