Are there any legs to fit a soulgrinder torso? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Are there any legs to fit a soulgrinder torso?

I know what the soulgrinder is so I know the real answer is 'no' but are there any plastic or metal legs of a suitable proportion to try a DP conversion using the soulgrinder torso?

It really is a big body, the torso alone is as big as the standard metal DP so is there anything out there that may be convertable? The only thing I can think of is the WFB Giant - would they be big enough, or meaty enough?

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

Something from inquisitor scale? probably still too small.

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

What chaos chapter or god? If you are doing IW or BL you could use something mechanical, that could be cool. Otherwise I can't think of anything.
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

The Warhammer fantasy Giant might be big enough as you said, but I'm not sure. I think it's legs may be a bit slender. The Tyranid Carnifex has fairly large legs too and a pair of hips to go with them. Also the Carnifexes legs are fairly meaty. Those are the only two models I can think of. You could try using more than one set of legs if they are too small and create a kind of mutant centaur. From time to time I have created Carnifexes with lots of legs made out of scything talons. However this bug-look may simply make it look like a converted Soulgrinder and not a Daemon prince. Here is a Fex I'm talking about. http://buglands.moonfruit.com/#/scor...ius/4528266910
    Last edited by Leech; April 6th, 2009 at 23:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

what about using anything you can find that is the right hight, even if they are not in character, then greenstuffing robes/skirting around them?

on the flip side if giants and grinders are the same scale I wonder what a giant torso on grinder legs would look like...

ps, as a daemon player I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I've never really looked at the grinder in person. He is bigger than be'lakor/greater daemons/ ogres isn't he?
    Last edited by matus; April 7th, 2009 at 14:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

The grinder torso by itself is bigger than the standard chaos marine metal daemon prince.
    I don't about the others, but I'd say he's definately bigger than belakor and an ogre. Don't know about the greater daemons - but he's certainly not bigger than FW daemon lords, even if there were legs out there for him.

The Soul Grinder with his legs is a massive model.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

358 (x6)

The soul grinder torso is massive. Maybe try doing some kind of track system
    like a tank. Like this but bigger. (THIS IS NOT MY MODEL, I DID NOT MAKE THIS!)

------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    The soul grinder torso is massive. Maybe try doing some kind of track system
    like a tank. Like this but bigger. (THIS IS NOT MY MODEL, I DID NOT MAKE THIS!)

It could work but wouldn't it just look like a converted SG.
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

358 (x6)

then maybe a tail insstead of legs. Or maybe give him wings and then just model some ruined legs as if the DP has ripped off his legs in order to gain his wings...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

Try a toy or action figure. There are lots of toy robots, mecha, GI Joe knockoffs, etc available. It might actually be cheaper than any GW kit.
    Cheers,
    TOMB
    Zapp: You see the killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast