Monkey's Killer Kan WiP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Monkey's Killer Kan WiP

So I have finally started to scratch build/convert some Killer Kans. I always wanted to use these, espeically in 5th ed, but never had the models. Eventually wanting to go with the full force of 9 I knew that buying them at $22 per was not an option, plus I love converting! However, walkers are not the easiest thing to scratch built and I wanted to avoid making a block on wheels. So my search for proper parts has been long, but the result was well worth the wait.

The Kan is made up of 4 main parts: Torso (with engine/backpack), Legs, DCCW and Weapon. In my opinion, the toughest two to build (and what makes a good scratch built Kan stand out) are the torso and legs. The normal Kan Model has a torso that is rounded in the front and flat on the other 3 sides (the rear has a backpack/engine on it). I had saved 35mm film canisters and pill bottles in hopes of using those for the torso, but after getting my own Kan (thanks to my god-daughter) I realized they were way to big and I also didn't want to use a basic cylinder shape. After much searching I finally found a suitable Torso, working in IT has finally paid off!

These things come with one of our printer models, they are suppose to clip onto the network cord to keep it from bending when pushed up against a wall (I think) regardless though, we don't use them so I take em. They had a cylindrical metal piece inside that I removed (to be used for something later I am sure).

I stuffed em with Green stuff and as you see, they are the perfect size!

Now my next obstacle was the legs. I had just begun to scratch build some legs out of some random parts and plasticard when my friend handed me a sack of gold! And by sack of gold I mean a bag of Mech Warrior figurines!

I immediately dove in and sawed off a couple pairs of legs and pinned them in place.

The bag o mech warriors also contained miniature tanks, of which the turrents are proven to be great back-packs/engines. I'll post more picks of those and the DCCWs as I progress. Comments and feedback are more then welcome.

NEW UPDATES
    NOTE: If you cannot see my pictures it is because my website is blocked at your work. It happens to me, I cannot see my own pictures in these posts from work.

Last edited by Monkeyclops; April 30th, 2009 at 16:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are looking really good so far! Keep the pics coming. I've been wanting to start Orks, but have been turned away due to the metal kans, so I'm hoping this works out!
    In the concept of time, we are like a grain in the sand.

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's looking good so far. make one with Oscar the Grouch coming out the top. If your in to sesame street references, that is.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by techmarine Rannon Zriker View Post
    It's looking good so far. make one with Oscar the Grouch coming out the top. If your in to sesame street references, that is.
    Don't you mean Oscar the Grot?

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyclops View Post
    Don't you mean Oscar the Grot?
    Yeah, go for oscar the grot! BTW, that's alot of mechs there...
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x2)

Yea, I couldn't believe it when he brought so many. He actually used some parts for his Eldar, but didn't need much else from the lot.

Ok, so started work on my 1st DCCW. I took the wreckin' ball from one of my trucks and planned to attach it to the top. If I leave it similar to this picture I will add a grot crewman to be the controller of the wreckin' ball. However, I was also thinking of trimming this down and cutting off the bottom. So the crane part would stick right out of the top/front of the kan and the chain would go down into the top or the engine I'll be putting on the back. I feel it might be too big as is... though considering the huge claw on the real Kan It might not be too bad.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

Those mecha would make some pretty damn awesome Tau battlesuits....

Just a thought!

Nice work
    Spladge P
    Sometimes the best defense is a good offense... Wait, what?

THE GAME

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    240 (x4)

Muhahaha! I love that weapon, I can so see seeing that swinging around.

is a hardcore rebel dutchie the great's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Grrrr, looking nice, that weopen is yummy.

-DTG
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ungbloods.html

Come and join the YoungBloods social group!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

finish it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast