Eldar WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eldar WIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Eldar WIP

Wraithlord, farseer, and fire prism WIP. I really like my scheme but it feels like theres something missing in the palette... any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

You need to do something about the huge areas of plainb white/cream which are monotone really.

I also don't think the really muted colours suit the eldar but thats preference more than anything. The freehand is very well done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

You need some dark brown/ black shading in the recesses of the white parts, IMO. Especially on the wraithlord's fingers. However, I really like the flame patterning
    Space Marines- The ultimate representation of 'Bros before Hoes'

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

the flames are great, but... it realllllllly needs more detail. hit it the wraithlord with some black wash and use a micro marker to outline the ship.

if you want to keep the straight white surface look, you need to paint it it dark grey, the build up layers of light grey, then finally white, that'll give it depth, and it'll look really good. the black wash is the easy way out. usking a micro marker still stands for the falcon, looks great, give it a try.
    Last edited by Backdraft005; April 11th, 2009 at 05:45.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the paint job so far - it justs needs some more depth like what pretty much everyone else said, it seems too simple right now, especially for Eldar. Get into those recesses.
    Join Warmachine and Hordes...or suffer the consequences.

Join cold death...The Necrons await,,.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Guys, please note he put WIP. I am going to assume that those large areas of white are in fact areas he is yet to touch.

I like the purple areas, the flames are nicely done, and the Japanese (or Chinese?) writing is quite well done. Aside from what people have said, shading, I think if you perhaps try some dark grey areas like you have on your farseer, it might add some much needed contrast. I think that is the problem, your scheme is good but as the purple isn't that dark, there is no contrast.

Kuffy

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

Kuffy, i think everyone and myseld including often see flames as detail, and more often than not, the last detail that most people put on the model. Applying depth to the models now is only that much harder without hurting the flames, which suffice to say, are really nice. So i think people, myself, are only responding in such way because of that.

good luck eagles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

thanks everyone for the advice! yea actually i wanted to put the flames on first on the fire prism to get an idea of how the tank would look as a whole but it is far from finished, though i had planned for much of the white to stay. On the wraithlord, the head is done and detachable, but i still need to finish the rest. Ill post up some more pics as i try out some of the things you all suggested

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

Im thinking maybe add some green onto the fireprism and wraithlord, just a suggestion, but i think it will add some contrast, maybe do the raised blobs green? Apart from that job well done!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

First off, niiiiice job on the flames! the only suggestion I have is maaaaybe do a purple glaze of some kind over it to blend it all together even better, but it looks pretty good as is. Blending, as I am finding out, is an art form all on its own. You're doing well with it.

The kanji(?) looks good, too. What does it mean? I assume you know what it means, and didn't just pick symbols that look cool. There's a whole Web site out there full of examples of people making that mistake with English, and, well, it's... entertaining.

I assume (since this is a WIP) that you're going to put, say, some codex grey along one side of the lettering to give it a touch of depth?

Finally, yeah, the white needs shading, but I'm guessing you already knew that before you posted the pics.

Looking forward to more!
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast