Filler for terrain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Filler for terrain

I'm going to just try and cut to the chase here for a change.

This is a design I am after and this is where I am so far.

I want to find a fairly cheap way to fill in the gaps between the foam and give it some shape so I can start sculpting details into the sides of the maws.

I'd greatly appreciate any and all input thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks good so far, might be hard to have models fight on top of it, but otherwise it works. Also, cheap modelling clay= great, easy to use filler. I look forward to the end result.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Oh, there should be no models wanting to climb on top of this thing anyway as it will actually fight in larger games so getting close might NOT be the best course of action unless you are trying to bash it to death.

I also have another one but it looks too simple at the moment its not worth taking a photo of but both will be used in larger games I hope to see someday.

I might have to try the paper mache route today as all the stores are closed and I have plenty of pva and toilet paper sooooo.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's dangerous terrain then? Which in my opinion is the best place to place a hero vs. hero combat. Paper mache had never even crossed my mind as a filler. Tyranid scything talons/chaos spawn talons are great for, well those spikes on the drawing, or at the least as teeth.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Yeah I got a fair few talons from a mate to use for the spikes, as I want it to still FEEL like its a Tyranid structure, and making your own blades just isn't the same really. I also have pieces left from a carnifex I bought just for the hell of it so I can use any of that hopefully too to give it a cooler armoured piece.

Clay might be good but I'd have to bake it? and I don't know how the foam would hold up against being baked alive. (or not alive)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air hardening clay?

The thing looks like it could be used by both chaos and nids.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Nids for now. I should really make some chaos terrain but I find it hard to think of ideas that would be original enough to bother with.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Here is the spore chimney as is right now, that is candle wax dripped all over but I'm going to remove all of it and the little bits of foam in between as I realised I want a smoother concave look between the maws.

And the lurker, this one sends spikes up from the ground into enemy troops and tanks I actually made a marker for where it attacks but I totally didn't think to take a photo of it.

Spikes will be lined up from the shallow end up to the peak to make it a little more interesting.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Plastercine or play doh are good cheap fillers. You will need to ccoat them in super glue or decent coats of PVA to stop them moving each time you touch them in the game.

Dan

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Thats not half a bad idea LOL I didn't think of using something like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast