Green Stuff Questions/probs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys. Im new to the tyranids and liked the cool conversion opportunites they presented. well i wanted to make my warriors leaping, and so i had to represent this on the model.

i decided to take the warriors foot, cut it off and make it so the tip of his foot was on the base instead of the whole foot. also i cut away at where his "knee" was and exteneded the back of it with green stuff so like his leg looked as if he were in the middle of a bound.

my question is, who do i get this stuff to harden? i mean the other leg is in mid air. i need to only use the leg in mid bound to glue to the base, but the green stuff makes it to frail and it buckles under the pressure (as u would expect). So wat can i do to: wat would be the best choice and how would i go about doing it? :huh:

a. harden the green stuff.
    b. maybe use a flying base from his abdomin to the base?

<insert witty remark here>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve used green stuff recently to do the same thing you&#39;re doing. The green Stuff hardens after two-three hours. It takes a full twenty-four hours before it&#39;s completely hardened though, and even then it can still be cut away like plastic. The best thing to do is to cut the leg off the warrior sprue and do your converting first, and let the leg/green stuff harden over night. Then, the next day, start to glue on the rest of the body. Otherwise, when you try and glue it all at once and then balance it on the base, it won&#39;t hold up. Right now, I&#39;m sure you&#39;ve already figured this out if it&#39;s been more than a day .
    &quot;Can you put that in a memo and title it &#39;***** I already know&#33;&#39;&quot;
    ~Sarge

Church: &quot;Ok, so we&#39;re agreed? You first&#33;&quot;
    Sarge: &quot;Get on with it, Griff.&quot;
    Griff: &quot;I&#39;d just like everyone to know: that I suck.&quot;
    Church: &quot;And?&quot;
    Griff: &quot;And that I&#39;m a girl...&quot;
    Church: &quot;What else?&quot;
    Griff: &quot;And I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys.&quot;
    Sarge: &quot;This has to be the best surrender of all time.&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pin the joint too. Drill a hole in both pieces and glue in a piece of steel wire in between.

Here&#39;s a better description from GW:
    Originally posted by Games Workshop
    Pinning - What is it?

Pinning is a technique that is used to reinforce a weak joint on a model in order to make it much stronger. This is done by drilling a small hole with a pin vice (a modelling drill) in both pieces of the model that needs to be joined. A small piece of wire is then glued into one hole. Once this is dry glue is applied to the other hole and then the two parts are stuck together.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh ok. i thought that it hardened like within an hour. wen it was still flimsy, my complusive side kicked in and thought i did soemthign wrong and wat not. its now a day later and its as hard as a rock. thanks for the help guys.
    <insert witty remark here>

Closed Thread