Power armored, human males - Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power armored, human males - Advice

I've recently gotten some conversion and proxy ideas into my head for a themed army in a campaign we're running soon. However, I've come across one little snag - the idea would require me to be able to field full squads of humans in power armor. Not wanting to completely rip off the Sisters and keep true to the campaign as written I wanted to make some of them male, and I began work converting some sister models.

While I had some success (sorry, no pictures) the process was extremely tedious (srsly haet metal) and not really up to what I'd hoped. About the only standard models of this sort seem to be inquisitors, and they are needless to say a little too expensive. Have any of you in the past come across any sort of default model like this I haven't seen, or have advice for a cheaper (perhaps more plastid) way to do this conversion?

In the end I may end up breaking down and using some marine minis, however the sheer amount of bulk they have definitly makes them stand out from the sisters.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x4)

Here was my first thought. Scout bodies and arms on SM legs. Not the most cost effective option but it looks pretty cool. Replacing the scout heads with a slick Pig Iron head might be even better.

Could you describe the basics of who these guys are? That might help in picking out bits for them

Last edited by thepete; April 25th, 2009 at 07:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

you could try using the Arbites from necromunda, and add space marine shoulders to them.
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

I think using the Necromunda Arbites is probably the simplest and best idea if you don't want to use SoB models with male heads which would raise the problem of all the Sisters imagery on the models so I wouldn't recommend doing this anyway. You could just use the Marine models with bare heads but like you said, these are a bit bulky.

You might also want to explain who these guys actually are as thepete said.

DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Acolytes"

Right now we're designing a sort of "Inquisition army" without a lot of aid from the Sisters of Battle/Grey Knights- fleshing out more choices for radical inquisitors especially. All of this was inspired by Dark Heresy at the moment.

In DH/WH acolytes can get access to power armor with the regular inquisitor's retinue, so we're thinking on a larger scale of trying to make an elite unit that consists of higher ranking acolytes for an Inquisitor Lord with access to power armor/etc. Given that most novels have a mix of genders we're trying to make the squad a max as well.

I actually have an excess of extra SM legs and 2 boxes of scouts are about the same price so that doesn't seem like a bad option. The giant aquila over the chest isn't that bad for imagery since its a generic imperial symbol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x4)

Oh okay. That's a pretty good idea.

Maybe some fantasy heads and extras to help give them that radical inquisition look.

Whatever you come up with make sure there's pictures!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the dude above me said.
    http://wargamingworld.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

- The home of witty tabletop banter

+ Reply to Thread