Librarium Online Forums banner

Insulin needles to make Pustules?

775 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Inquisitor_Naravus 
#1 ·
I was thinking of picking some up for this purpose as well as potential uses with my snakes (injecting additional calcium into food if my girls get pregnant) and I was wondering if anyone ever tried this or thought of it.

The concept is simple: Take some greenstuff, stick the needle in and inject either some fluid (water/oil) or air.

Now I'm not sure it would even work (the fluid could shoot out of the greenstuff), but if it does it would give some very nice hollow pustules. which could later be broken open and filled with an ink to have it look like the pustule is weeping.

What does LO think?

#6 ·
That would actually be very helpful if you're willing to go about it. Not just for me but for anyone else who feels like playing around with Father Nurgle's children.

#7 ·
Alright, so the test seems less than promising. Used a peanut-sized lump of green stuff, 1:1 blue/yellow blend, molded into various shapes and thicknesses, and a 1/2 CC 30 gauge insulin syringe. It appears that, at this blend of green stuff, and this size of sample and syringe, both water and air produce no results. The problem is that the air/water simply doesn't have the ability to warp the putty in any way; it simply comes back out the hole made by the syringe. It is possible that a softer blend of putty would produce some results, but I'm skeptical.

Of course, if you were planning to make some very large pustules using some very large syringes, this might be a different story. Unfortunately, I have very little green stuff to spare, and my frail body cringes at the thought of 12-gauge needles.

Verdict: Ambitious, but Rubbish.

~Cheers

#8 ·
I was actually afraid that could happen, and I was planning on fairly small pustules. But this does save me the 15 bucks from buying a 100 pack, lol.

Thank you so much. Rep. :)

#10 ·
It would have been really cool if it had. But yeah I think most anything that would flow through such small needles would have the same results. I'll find a way to make my bubbles, and I'll be sure to post on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.