Need Your opinion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Need Your opinion

I need Your opinion, before I convert my good looking army to this:

proto.JPG

In fluff-wise they are from a desert planet, but I am realy not sure if that looks ok, or just a crap.
    I would do a Frank Herbert`s Dune type army, with loads of cables on the powerarmour, an extended face attachment, maybe a small tube between the backplate and the backpack with cables from the neck area and from the bottom area.

I am just simply not certain if a ghutra (that is the arabic headwear) is good on a helmet.

That is the prototype, I did not spend time with the painting, and I am not a good painter yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

His jetbikes are many. Mayor Quimby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    338 (x4)

I think that the idea is nice, I am a Dune fan as well and I like desert-themed armies (maybe I will collect a Tallarn army in the future... maybe).

I don't think the headgear looks weird... after all, Dark Angels have hoods over their helmets.
    If you want to save time, I guess you can use the hooded DA heads as the starting point for your conversion... just add a strip of green stuff around it, maybe fill the gap over the forehead with green stuff, and I think it is ok.

If you want to use green stuff to do the headgears, maybe this tutorial can help you... it is for Black Templars, but I guess you can easily adapt it.

About the cables, they don't look too good IMO (their shape is too irregular).
    I would use bass strings (or metal wires, if bass strings are too thick for you) instead of green stuff, I think they would look better and save some time.

The facemask is the detail that worries me the most.
    The face is a focal point for a mini, and the green stuff conversion you did doesn't have enough detail IMO... looks like a piece of cloth. Hey, I think this can be a good idea!
    A piece of cloak over the mask, with the cables disappearing under it...

Hope this helps, good luck with your army and post some pics once you have done!
    Last edited by Mayor Quimby; April 30th, 2009 at 14:13. Reason: fixed a typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
    I think that the idea is nice, I am a Dune fan as well I like desert-themed army (maybe I will collect a Tallarn army in the future... maybe).

I don't think the headgear looks weird... after all, Dark Angels have hoods over their helmets.
    If you want to save time, I guess you can use the hooded DA heads as the starting point for your conversion... just add a strip of green stuff around it, maybe fill the gap over the forehead with green stuff, and I think it is ok.

About the cables, they don't look too good IMO (their shape is too irregular).
    I would use bass strings (or metal wires, if bass strings are too thick for you) instead of green stuff, I think they would look better and save some time.

The facemask is the detail that worries me the most.
    The face is a focal point for a mini, and the green stuff conversion you did doesn't have enough detail IMO... looks like a piece of cloth. Hey, I think this can be a good idea!
    A piece of cloak over the mask, with the cables disappearing under it...
    Yes, indeed.

I got to agree even if I would not, but You said the truth...
    For me is far easier to imagine then do a conversation.

The face mask is not good, I will try to find other solution, maybe I`ll leave this and do only cables. Or there is a common thing to cover the whole face in the desert and with this I can simply skip the mask. Good point You made.

I was thinking about the plastic cover of old earphones, I have some spare ones. But if I`ll be lucky I can get some strings as You mentioned. they also be better for the strips as detalied, so I just have to greenstuff the hoods. Yeee-haaaah!

Thanks for the link, it is very useful. I also had the answer, so the basic idea is not bad (the quality is bad yet, but I`ll work on it.)

Thanks, Your opinion was a big help.

+ Reply to Thread