First Guardsman - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Guardsman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Guardsman

So, the GW store was having an Iron Painter competition, wherein you paint a model at the store over the course of a weekend. This time around, it was an IG standard bearer. I did a bit of kitbashing to make a counts-as Colour Sergeant Kell for my Adeptus Mechanicus army. As an explanation for the base model, I am using Catachan/Cadian hybrids for the menial laborers of the forges, who get pressed into service when the S hits the F.

I was unsure about the camo theme, but I like the way it looks in practice. I may add a tiny bit of black to future models.

Please C&C

P.S. I have never had an army with pupils before, so they'll be terrible for awhile. :oops_2f:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I can't paint pupils either, which is the reason why my SMs mostly have helmets.

Looks pretty good, though the flag and the bearer's skin could use some depth.

There is a flesh wash, you could work into the skin. Water a bit down first, and carefully apply to all the skin areas. When it is completely dry, use elf flesh for some highlights.

** I, personally, hate painting flesh. **

For the red of the flag, I'd water down some red ink, and carefully work it into the inside border and around the center detail. It should give it a nice shadow affect. As for the trim, I'd use a bit of water down brown or chestnut ink. Work it carefully into the fringe, and the border around the whole flag. When it is completely dry, pick out the rised areas in a "tan" then with bleached bone as the highlight.

Just my two bolter shells.

---------------------------------------------
    addition :

BTW, you get REP for your first guardsman
    Last edited by MaleOpener; May 4th, 2009 at 05:46. Reason: additional line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad for a first : D bettar than mine anyways. And never worry about the first bunch that you do. You'll get better with practice! : D Good luck my friand, may the Emperor be with you!

+ Reply to Thread