WIP Semtexian Bombardiers - A blast from the past - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

WIP Semtexian Bombardiers - A blast from the past

Hi all,

As some of you know I've been doing the Arphista Penal Legion for a while. These Armageddon War scum are being done entirely tank-free.
    However, the new Codex has so many awesome new tanks and artillery that I decided I just HAD to have some.

So reading through the old Armageddon fluff I came across the Semtexian Bombardiers who are a pure mechanised/artillery regiment.

So here are a few of my guys so far. I have based them loosely on the old illustration (also shown) but given them a bit of a revamp because they do look kinda stupid...

So here they are. Let me know what you think. These particular guys will be Veterans acting as a forward demolition team.

I'll be getting hold of lots of nice artillery for these guys, and I'll probably be making a few heavy weapon squads as well.

"We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Wow, Boba. You truly are a conversion-master when it comes to the Guard, you know that?
    These look quite simple, yet effective. Based on the Brettonian men-at-arms?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

They certainly are.

Thanks for the kind words, Camel. I can always rely on you...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Hey, didn't notice the converted lasguns until now! They look very cool, any chance of a close-up of one and how you did them? Looks like you have cut off the magazine and the aiming-thingy on top, as well as the barrel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

Well they're actually supposed to be shotguns... hehe... They are Cadian pattern lasguns converted as follows:

1. Cut the lasgun right along the right side of the skull (winged skull)
    2. Cut off the entire top part leaving only the lower part
    3. Cut off the magazine and trim the part that's left
    4. Trim off the rest of the winged skull
    5. Add a small part of the shaft of a Bretonnian halberd (with a hole drilled through)

That's it... Shotguns...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

aw , way to make my bretonian guardsmen look poor

Seriously though, well done mate rep

are you going to have someone with a demo charge carrying semtex or is that just a bad pun
    Last edited by matus; May 23rd, 2009 at 13:28.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BobaHat View Post
    Well they're actually supposed to be shotguns...
    Ooooh.... Well, I knew that...! >_>

+ Reply to Thread