Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I just picked up the Autarch on Jetbike kit, and I had some questions.
I want to give the Autarch the lance and the fusion gun, but of course, they are both attached to the right arm. I was thinking of hacking up the fusion gun and mounting it underneath with the shuriken catapults. Any other thoughts on how to model this?
The other thing is to add mandiblasters. I was actually thinking of cutting the head off the body anyways, since I dislike the un-helmeted look, and then using either a Shining Spear Exarch head, or a modified guardian helmet with a Dire Avenger plume.
The hacking and mounting is the way to go (hmm...) for the fusion gun.
For the head, I would just take it off carefully and replace it with any eldar (perferably large to cover up the hacking) head you see fit. For mandiblasters, rool out a thin cylinder of GS and the next day cut two little cylinders of the GS and put holes in the end with either a pin vice or hobby knife.
That's how I did my mandiblasters
Good idea with the mandiblasters. I was just going to try and model them on the helmet to begin with, but rolling them out and then gluing them later sounds much easier and better looking.
And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
The modeling work on the Autarch’s jetbike is nearing completion. In order to add on the fusion gun, I decided to hack off one side of the shuriken catapult and then mounted the fusion gun in its place. I then took the barrel I removed, and mounted it next to the original barrel to keep that twin-linked look. The greenstuff needs to be cleaned up, but otherwise it worked pretty well.
Then for the Autarch himself, I removed his head, and used a Dire Avenger helmeted head as a replacement. For the Mandiblasters, I cut down a nail and mounted it to the sides of the helmet with greenstuff. Some more embellishment on the helmet is needed along with some cleanup, but it’s coming along nicely.
As always, larger pics and updates can be found on my site (link in sig).
I ended up using the spare exarch head I had for a Farseer conversion, so that isn't available. I do plan on painting it with some extra details, and I did use some GS to add more texture to the top of the crest so it isn't just smooth.