Replica's - An imperial guard project - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replica's - An imperial guard project

So heres the thing. Iv recently started collecting Imperial Guard again (my last Guard army was when i was in year 6/7, 10 years ago !!), but i realy dont want to collect any of the curent regiments.

After mulling it over i have decided to try and do something similar to the Replica Batalions from the F.E.A.R series, specificaly F.E.A.R 2. There is a decent amount of conversion potential here in the form of Power Armour suites to replace Sentinals, and Elite Power armour troops to replace Tanks. Heavy Replica troopers can be converted from Stormtroopers with a little work, and the current Cadian Sprue looks prety similar to the Standard Replica Soldier.

The only Problem i am seeing at the moment is converting a head. Replicas almost entirely wear face masks that cover the entire head, that are then linked into the armour with a respirator tube. Im not great with green stuff so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what i can use for heads?

If you arent familiiar with Replica's, then the below images should help clarify, the first is of an Elite Power armour suite, the second is of a Replica showing their armour and head, and the third is a replica's mask.

Any help would be apretiated.

Thanks

~S

Attached Images
    W/D/L
    Hive Fleet Penance - 3500 Points - 4/1/0
    Waaaaaaagh Skagtrot (40k Orks) - In Progress
    Dinhar Whitestar's Dragon Host (H.E) - 2000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as most people will tell you, I would suggest looking through the pig iron near future heads, particularily the full visored one i think would look good with them
    Iske 12th Rangers (IG) (1500 pts) (W/L/D) 25-43-2 Da Dakkad Dizzy Deff Skullz (1500 pts) 1-0-2

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy12 View Post
    as most people will tell you, I would suggest looking through the pig iron near future heads, particularily the full visored one i think would look good with them
    He speaks the truth!! I did this for my vet squads and it looks really good and would achive the look your trying for.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

+ Reply to Thread