Blood and Gore! ...? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Blood and Gore! ...?

Well iv finally finsihed my chaos marines, and insideous Carcearion have march the field and taken many the lives of many foes. iv have loving carved the faces of tortured souls into there hulls of there tanks and plates of there armor, and painted them with care and ethusiasm... but now all the modeling and painting is over and little is left to do with them.

As a finishing touch id like to go through and add bits of gore and general violance to there chainswords and bases and what have you, but unfortunetly i find my self a little at a loss. much of my color scheme is already a mix of chaos black and red gore, and there eyes and power swords glow with blood red. i feel like a mix of baseing sand, red paint, and a bit of elmers glue wont have the desired effect, seems like it'll just get lost in all the other red of the scheme.

does anyway have any suggestions to solve my problem? id really love some gore on them but im not sure exactly how to pull it off.

Could you understand the beauty of the beast?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

you could try alien blood, so blue/purple for tau, black for orks... maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Orks bled green
    Just a man.... with a chainsword.......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

What ever color you eventually decide on, I suggest a complimentary color (blue or purple I believe are reds compliment), use the corn syrup technique. It's the only way to do blood on a model. I don't know If you've heard about it but you glue a hair folicle (one hair) to the part you want to be dripping with blood put food coloring (what ever color you want) in the syrup and then pour the syrup on the hair and gravity does the work. case in point...

His sword, and body are covered in the stuff.

Note: Orks bleed red, the old 3rd/4th ed ork codex with the 2 orks running; ones bleeding from the shoulder.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by girlhunter2102 View Post
    Note: Orks bleed red, the old 3rd/4th ed ork codex with the 2 orks running; ones bleeding from the shoulder.
    Trusting 'eavy metal isn't a safe thing though. Theres contradicting fluff from a few codexes that say black and green. As far as complimentry colours go you have;

Red-Green
    Blue-Orange
    Yellow-violet

these are the 3 sets of complimentry colours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Hmm... im not certain useing a strange "alien blood" would nessisarily say blood and gore, so much i think it would say slime, which isnt quite what im going fore. does any know something i could perhap do with flesh? im starting to wonder if meaty peices of people hanging off of stuff and laying around on the bases might get the effect im looking for, but im not sure how to do it.
    Could you understand the beauty of the beast?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Try baking powder miceed with pva, gloss and red paint(mechrite/blood red 50:50) mix untill it's quite thick. That'll give a nice thick blood effect. Also, gloss will help differentiate the blood red from the models red.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

I painted my blood and gore using a mix of red and black wash in gloss varnish, inks will give a smiliar result.

Dan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    I painted my blood and gore using a mix of red and black wash in gloss varnish, inks will give a smiliar result.

Dan
    Dan, would you just quit showing off! Curse you and your painting talent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Spamalot View Post
    Dan, would you just quit showing off! Curse you and your painting talent
    I see how it is, curse dan but don't curse my scabby! lol I kid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast