Sons of Horus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Horus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Sons of Horus

Last month I took on the challenge of completing a 3000point army in just 3 months. Its going to be for The Horus Heresy campaign weekend at warhammer world in september, so ive got until then to finish it! Ive made two posts in my blog on another forum, and completely forgot to show my progress here, so ill copy and paste those posts for you here to give any feedback you like.

First post:

Thought it was about time I started a blog showing some pics and progress of the force im building.

The green/grey took a while to perfect but im fairly happy with it now. Start of with grey, do the blacklines then build up some layers of my mix and then bring that back to grey for the highlights. Ive decided against grav plates for the jetbikes. Land speeders dont have them, they have little bumps that I assume are grav nodes, so ill probably add something like that. The tanks are both wip, scratchbuilt using plasticard. Ones a grav tank (fast skimmer tank with lascannon and havoc launcher) and the others a storm tank (tank with a d3 rotary lascannon and 2 hot shot lasgun sponsons.).

Anyway, heres the pics.

Second post:

Just a quick entry. Im doing far more work than im actually posting up right now. Reason being I want to keep the WIP shots to a minimum because this scheme looks awful until its got all the detail work done!

Anyway, I think ive just about finished all of the modelling for this force, and im pushing on with the painting.

My dread is completed, first unit done thanks to the dread challenge. Now you can see from the pics that its not my usual standard of painting. Thats because of the extreamly short deadline. The plan is to add battle damage and weathering to the full force once im finished, that should add alot of character. It may be that this is done after the horus heresy campaign but before the seige on terra one.

Ive also finished modelling my characters. From left to right theres Little horus, Horus himself, Abaddon and Falkus 'Widowmaker' Kibre. Little horus is armed with a relic blade, bolt gun and plasma pistol. To to get all three modelled I gave him a custodes staff weapon. I thought this would be cool, like he'd slain a custode and stole his weapon Falkus has been changed since the pick. I originally gave him a defiler skull for a shoulder pad but it didnt fit in with the rest of the Justaerin terminators, so ive removed them now and given him pre heresy shoulder pads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

This should be in the projects forum.

But yes, this is some sweet stuff Macey. As usual, as usual.
    I love that green/grey tone. Very cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Really looking forward to seeing more of this. Seems like a very cool project.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow man looks awesome, I really like the pre-Heresy termies, nice job on Horus, seems about the right height. I look forward to seeing where this goes!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

They are cool. I like how you have done them. The tanks look good. Your Horus is cool, I think he looks very much like I have imagined Horus to look. You got lots of those Red scorpion heads in there along with loads of other heads too. That is good I think. It makes them look like they are more unique.

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Looking great Macey! That couldn't be Horus could it?! It is!!! He's looking cool as but a little small for the son of a god. Abbadon is looking like he's ready to stuff up the chapter. All is good Sorry to ask, and a little off topic, have you made any progress on the Exodites?

Rep!
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Wow that is good quality work love the sword on the biker! be watching this.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

Love the model of Horus. Cant quite make it out from the pics though whats in his left hand?
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Thanks for the comments guys, and yes, this should be in projects, could a friendly neighbourhood moderator please move it

Thanks Leech, I threw a few helmets in there for a bit of variation, only two are the beakies, all the rest are MKIV and below. Theres also a few chaos bits mixed in but not many as they have only just turned to chaos. When I prepare the army for their second campaign there will be alot more chaos and bumpy shoulders as well as a few paint changes to represent their further descent into chaos.

Ill take a better picture of horus tonight, he's huge! About 2 heads taller than a termie and a normal marine only reaches his chest! In his left hand is a master crafted plasma pistol. Thats what he's equipped with in this campaign. He'll be getting his power mace when he starts the seige on terra. Ill probably create a whole new model for that campaign actually.

(the exodites were finished and attended the great crusade, where they won best army! Ill be doing more to them once the emperor has slain horus on they will be fighting in the fourth and final campaign of the series. Ill put up new pics shortly to show the full force)

And finally Abaddon, ready to mess up the Legion? You bet! He just needs his base doing now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Awesome. I love the skin tone you have painted, and the expression he has.
    I think the band holding up his hair should get some more paint on it though, namely a highlight or two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast