Librarium Online Forums banner

Plasma Flares on BFG ships?

932 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Sir Spamalot 
#1 ·
I recently got my grubby mits on a BFG Imperial Fleet, as well as the Rulebook and BFG Armarda book. Flicking through the books, I notice that all the illistrations show massive plasma flares, thruster fire, whatever the smeg you want to call it, glowing brightly at the rear of every ship.

I've tried modeling this onto some of my ships. but I'm not too sure about it.

Here's one with:

And here's one without:

Apologies for the poor photo quality. My camera is on the blink, so I'm having to make do with my gf's one

See less See more
#10 ·
I did try that but the cotton wool was very unsecure, so I had to lean them towards the centre to get a more secure hold on the ship.

Looks very nice!
How did you make it?
I used wads of cotton wool rolled into shape and secured in that shape with PVA

#12 ·
I'm not so convinced they should be streaming separately. I know the basic physics behind the argument, but they could very well be angled slightly to stream together for some reason (forgive me if I don't understand the engineering behind futuristic, warp-traveling spacecraft). The streams could also be forced together by something in space creating resistance (solar winds, clouds of various gases/space dust, debris from enemy ships, the upper limit of the atmosphere of a planet, etc).

Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.