Glowing eyes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glowing eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glowing eyes

I've seen photos of models that eyes look like there glowing, wish I saved the site I found them on. Not sure how it is done or if it's just photoshopping. Any ideas how to do it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member vannahs creations's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What i do is water down the paint I used for the eye, and then ligtly wash the areas i want to reflect the light until I get the look I'm going for. Its a little hard to see in this picture...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Technically, you highlight the eyes to a really bright shade - final highlight should be a teeny bit of pure white. Then you wash, glaze and highlight the surrounding areas the same way, but never make it as bright just as the light source. Here's some more theory on it.
    Object Source Lighting :: The Basics | BrushThralls.com
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/article/aid/288/page/3 - page 3 and 4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

You can paint the eye black and then paint it a lighter colour like blood red, for example if you want glowing red eyes. Then do a tiny dot of yellow or white on the eye. The effect will be that it is dark around the edges and then seems to lighter suddenly in the middle. It is easier to make eyes glow if you use a bright colour over black such as yellow. If you paint over black use white over the black and paint the desired colour onto that so that the colour will be strong.

+ Reply to Thread