Iron Chef: The end all of objectives - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Iron Chef: The end all of objectives

Ok after finding some time from work and what not, not to mention finally getting his camera back; Im back with titan weapons. This build is going to be amazing; 3 titan weapon objectives, two weapon emplacements, and time permitting a bunker with a mega bolter coming out of it. Ill up load picures later today of the start of the bases.

List 'O Material
    -Cool looking guns(in my case titan arms)
    -Hard board/mansonite for bases
    -pink foam
    -white glue
    -dirt,sand, rocks for basing
    -paper tube

UPDATE 7/1
    Ok so the first update. Actually looked at the secert ingredient and worked it into the build. The objectives will be themed one winter, one grassy and one city. The black one is going to be the grassy one. I plan on building a tree coming out of the plasma gun base.

Winter

City

Grassy with tree

For the turrets im going to use the paper tube as the main support. Then Im going to bury it with pink foam and sculpt out an embackment from it. Some secondary support will be fashion and what not. Hope you like where this is going. I mean with planet strike coming out where going to need some gaint turrets

Inferno Cannon turret

Laser Destroyer Turret

Ill start building this weekend or when i get a spare moment from work

UPDATE 7/9

Ok so I built the first embankment turret thing today out of pink foam and plasticard. It still looks like crap I know, but once it gets some color and sand on it, it will look a million times better. I actaully did the sand while waiting for the computer to turn on and it does look better already. Im going to make the second one in a similar fashion since it holds up the gun with is really heavy(stupid plaster).

The plasticard will be painted like sheet metal with the I beams like vertical supports that were driven into the ground. The screen on the front will look like reinforced iron that had its cover blown off. ANd the stupid support in the back came out crooked, oh well.

As for the destroyed plasma guns each has been based with dirt and the first coat of dark paint for the base is drying as we speak. They will really start to come together this weekend. If I get some time.

UPDATE 7/14

So with time running out heres another update of last nights work. Things are finally falling into place. I made the tree out of wire and then bulked it up with sculpty, the greatest thing since green stuff. After it was where i wanted it I fired it in the oven and presto tree. Now it just needs to be painted, washed, and have some greenery attached.

I also drybrushed the bejesus out of each base. Each one got the same number of colors just different ombinations to imply different seasons. The winter one has a blue tone to it and the others have a more redish over tone.

One the drybrushing was done I painted two of the titan weapons. The city one was also weathered with two washes of black and grim and then drybrushed with a sand color. The ovr weapons will recived the same treatment just havnt gotten to it yet. And finally last ngith I addes some bushes and greenery to the bases.

The winter base is going to get worked on today and the weapon emplacement is sitting behind with its basecoast drying. And there is plenty of more work to be done on the other two bases still, like the leaking hot glue coolent.

For now,

BUT WAIT

UPDATE 7/14 PART 2!!!

Its amazing what one can get done when its warme nough outside for paint and glue to dry in under 10 minutes. I plan on writing up the how to part later but here are the pictures. All three bases are completely done and the turret base is done. Just need to finish painting the turret itself and coat the blue oozing coolent in a glossy finish.

Sorry I didnt have time to make the megabolter emplacement but being sick knda took away 5 days from the build. Im still goingt o do it, just not for this event. Enjoy and please C&C is always welcome.

The Overgrown Style City Objective

The Tree-growing-out-of-the-titan-weapon Objective

The Winter Weapon Objective

Titan Turret

NO TITANS WHERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS TUTORIAL

Last edited by Guant; July 15th, 2009 at 03:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, interesting.

Mind if I borrow some of these makshift guns? :p

How about making an Ork Stompa gun, and calling it something like...

Da Really Big Bangy Fing!
    Trust not in your memory, for it is dumb.
    Eldar: 1500 points (El'Aleal Craftworld) Ok, I made it up...
    HELP EL'ALEAL GROW WITH ONE CLICK!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Ok so the first update. Actually looked at the secert ingredient and worked it into the build. The objectives will themed one winter, one grassy and one city. The black one is going to be the grassy one. I plan on building a tree coming out of the plasma gun base.

Winter

City

Grassy with tree

For the turrets im going to use the paper tube as the main support. Then Im going to bury it with pink foam and sculpt out an embackment from it. Some secondary support will be fashion and what not. Hope you like where this is going. I mean with planet strike coming out where going to need some gaint turrets

Inferno Cannon turret

Laser Destroyer Turret

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Looks Good Guant. Are they home made molds for the guns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x4)

Cast in dential plaster. Actually working on a Forge world scenery board where they would build titans.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Guant, stop showing off. I don't want any pics of the board if you do it. Your rep'll double so you know, not really worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are such awesome ideas, I would have never have thought of that! Then again I have no hope of owning a titan for a few years yet. -_-

And you cast these ones yourslef? Great idea, means youre not wasting (presumably) very expensive bits of kit!

An all round A+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x4)

I belong to a great hobby store, we just happen to own almost one of every forge world kit ever made(except the manta, one will ever own one of those, lol).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Guant View Post
    I belong to a great hobby store, we just happen to own almost one of every forge world kit ever made(except the manta, one will ever own one of those, lol).
    WOW the store I go to there are practically no FW models, just a winged hive tyrant and some rippers. Nice work on the turrets, but aren't you worried that they might be a tad overpowered in planetstrike?
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x4)

The sore is running a 3 week apco style planet invasion thing. They are going to count as objectives and which ever side controls them can shoot them. I mean if the attackers can assult out of deep strike I think the defenders should get something bad as as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast