Kernewek (Cornish) Imperial Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kernewek (Cornish) Imperial Guard

OK, so after taking forever to get them finished 29 Guardsmen of varying rank and load-out are finished. They were inspired by the works of this man and a desire to have a guard army that looked a little different. I took the photos in day light and they were sadly not as bright as I hoped, fingers crossed that the images are good enough for you to see them. I had built these men a few years ago now, when I expand them I will model in a few extra details such as backpacks and scarfs, etc...

Although I complain that they took forever, they were quite simple to do I just had very little time to paint. I'm hoping the simplicity of the scheme will make it doable for me to complete a IG army.

Link to my Photobucket page.

Please critique and most importantly compliment

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Not bad i really like the bases
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. The bases are modelling clay stuck down and then carved into to create a cracked desert/mud-flats look. The clay doesn't stick too well to the bases so most have been super glued on after drying. They've been painted Bubonic Brown, had a Delven Mud wash and been edged and heavily dry brushed with Desert Yellow. I saw bases made in a similar fashion in a tutorial that I thought was on this site but for the life of me I can't find it now.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Very nice work. I always admire people who actually finish their IG One critical feedback would be the eye technique. There should definitely be much less white. A dark circle with white dots on the sides is often much more effective at scale than painting white and trying to add in the color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, thanks. As you can likely gather from the fact they were al built a few years ago I've failed to complete a Guard army once already. I was trying to use the technique from WD with a white area and a black stripe down (almost cat like) but I do agree that they do still have a bit of that popped eye shocked look.

So two white dots on black rather than one black on white yeah?
    Last edited by Drake - Knights Templer; July 3rd, 2009 at 08:28.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Rydhsys rag Kernow lemmyn!

They look pretty good, but your pictures are very dark so it's hard to see the little details and such. But Affe said, a finished Guard army always looks nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Ravendove, you've outed me a poor Cornish speaker.
    Something about Cornwall now? Although I come from the county my langauge skills only really go as far as saying Launceston correctly.

Yes sorry about the photo quality I will take better ones in future with the addition of light bulbs and electricity.

That bunch of troops their takes me to almost 1/3rd of the footsloggers done. This will be a long journey!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Not bad actually, the pictures aren't great but from what I can see of them I like them, especially the bases. I like seeing some finished IG for once

~ DiW

+ Reply to Thread