Cross Section Daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross Section Daemons

Sorry if this has been posted a million times, if so, could you send me a link.

Anyway, what is the best way of making daemons useable for both systems?

HobbyGuy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Two ways that I can think up of on the spot.

One, use little pegs and make two bases for each model. Put the pegs into the feet and just change bases according to the game.

Two, Use magnets with the idea above instead of Pegs
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SGluciousa View Post
    Two, Use magnets with the idea above instead of Pegs
    I think with magnets they will likely come off their bases all the time and start sticking together in some huge mass. As if drawn by an invisible force, well in truth magnets do use invisible force. While it may be normal for Daemons to do otherworldly things such as that it will not help the game.

If all else fails you can use the square bases. The square bases are essential for fantasy but the round bases aren't quite as needed in 40K. Play dumb when you use squares in 40K and say you didn't know. Beware however, this may annoy people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

I think if you were to find a really thin strip of sheet metal that was magnetic you could put tiny pieces on the models feet. Then you could put a fairly weak magnet on the base that way it wouldn't conflict with the other models. If the magnetic pull wasn't to strong it wouldn't pull them together by any means. The only problem with this is if you had a significantly large model you would need a large magnet. At that point you may draw some towards you...unless the base was large enough to keep a distance between the magnets that would prevent any attraction.
    I may have to experiment with this because I am now very curious on how it turns out. Anyway, I hope this helped!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGluciousa View Post
    One, use little pegs and make two bases for each model. Put the pegs into the feet and just change bases according to the game.
    What sort of pegs are you talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

Well if you had a small enough drill you could just use cut up paper clips. That would be strong enough. However, you go about this route you need to give some mass to your base. That means using a little bit or cork or foamboard underneath the base so that the model does not wobble.

Tyr
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhere, Ive seen a slaaneshi army built for both systems. The bases were built by taking the aquare bases, cutting out a circle large enough to accomodate a round base, and strengthening it all by guing the square base onto some plasticard (I think...). Looked cool, was totally legal. I think it was somewhere on CMON, but Im not sure... Anyway, hope this helps!

PS: cutting out a circle might be a bit difficult if only using a hobby knife or something, but perhaps you could try using a drill or whatever for quick, round holes... Just my 2 cents, though...
    Last edited by Tyr; July 10th, 2009 at 19:37.
    "Better to crush an ant with a boulder, than flick lazily at it, possibly miss, and then have it bite you in the ass." The Awakened One

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new WOTR movement trays are perfect for round bases, all you have to do is get another row and you have 5 man rank bonuses. I've seen someone do it for his dual purpose daemons.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

WOTR movement trays work perfectly. Just do them on circle bases, they look a lot better anyhow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by techmarine Rannon Zriker View Post
    The new WOTR movement trays are perfect for round bases, all you have to do is get another row and you have 5 man rank bonuses. I've seen someone do it for his dual purpose daemons.

I was considering it. So what would i do? Would i just Cut the last row off?

One of the problems i have against this is that there is a big gap of plastic between the circles, and especially if im going to use 4 ranks, it would take up a lot of room.

Because of that i was thinking about using a normal movement tray and fill in some sand around the bases to make it look similar, but smaller.

Do you think this would look good?

HobbyGuy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast