Gue'Vesa - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gue'Vesa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gue'Vesa

So, I have been trying to come up with a potential converted IG army fighting for the Tau (called Gue'Vesa). Anyway, I had ideas to use the following conversions:

1-Use Tau shoulder pads to attach onto guardsmen
    2-Represent Sentinels with Crisis Suits w/ Imperial weapons systems
    3-Replace Veterans' lasguns with pulse carbines
    4-Use Railgun as Leman Russ turret
    5-Take skyray turret and attach to a Chimera to represent a manticore (favorite)
    6-Use Kroot to represent penal legion.
    7-Put 2 lengthened plasma cannons on Russ for Eradicator
    8-Use Ion cannon for Nova Cannon/Executioner plasma cannon

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Last edited by Angron88; July 11th, 2009 at 00:26.
    Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

there is a conversion doc out there for the gue'vesa. google it and if you cant find it i can email it to you.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been trying to find other armies, but I didn't have much luck on the google front, which is where this thread comes into play.

I found a few test models, but not nothing more than one or 2.
    Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

Senior Member Power Hungry Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x2)

Do you want the army to like like recent converts to the greater good or a regiment raised on a long-held tau world?

Depending on which you want would effect how 'tauy' the IG would look. If they're newly converted then only a little tau armor and wargear will be effective, with maybe the commander being awarded extra gear by the tau as an act of good faith.

If they're from a world thats been held by th tau for generations then its likly therd be little Imperial looking wargear and armour left, they would have been replaced with superior tau manufactured gear. In that case having the battle suits as sentinals and the tank turrets off hammerheads/skyrays for ur Russ varients (love the manticore idea) would fit right in. You'd have to keep it on on all the basic grunts then too, using tau torsos, pads and weapons for all the guardsmen.

Will be interesting to see what you do, post some pics when you get em up and running
    Hobby help? Ask on Themed Armies - Brain for Hire
    WIP Iron Wolves, grrr
    Ia Cthulhu fhtagn! Join the Cult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

give me a we bit and ill see if i can find the file on my pc and if i can post it on 'ere. orkish grin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

ok i think i can post this on here. i see no copy right and i did download it from GW as a freebie. so i should be good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Using a skyray bit as a Manticore, . . . WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT. Thanks alot for the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jammer-
    Sorry, I didn't realise you meant this. I have a copy of Vol. 3 Imp armour already, I thought you had come across a Gue'vesa army. My mistake; thank you though

Quote Originally Posted by Power Hungry Monkey View Post
    Do you want the army to like like recent converts to the greater good or a regiment raised on a long-held tau world?

Depending on which you want would effect how 'tauy' the IG would look. If they're newly converted then only a little tau armor and wargear will be effective, with maybe the commander being awarded extra gear by the tau as an act of good faith.

If they're from a world thats been held by th tau for generations then its likly therd be little Imperial looking wargear and armour left, they would have been replaced with superior tau manufactured gear. In that case having the battle suits as sentinals and the tank turrets off hammerheads/skyrays for ur Russ varients (love the manticore idea) would fit right in. You'd have to keep it on on all the basic grunts then too, using tau torsos, pads and weapons for all the guardsmen.

Will be interesting to see what you do, post some pics when you get em up and running
    I was considering fluff along the lines of: (badly written warning)

-Imperial Guard fight Tau on world, [planet's name] gets conquered, Guard left behind. Tau offer surrender or death-Guard surrender and join Tau. Tanks get repaired, Gue'vesa re-equipped with Tau tech as neccessary (new armour, replacement lasguns with pulse carbines/rifles, extra armour (shoulder pads), etc. A few of the tanks run out of ammo, so are retro-fitted with Railguns/missiles (Manticore).

I.E. The army is in the process of grandfathering out their old equipment, but they want to maintain their kit as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Guant View Post
    Using a skyray bit as a Manticore, . . . WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT. Thanks alot for the idea.
    Thanks, I was taking a break at work and so I was trying to think of what Russ variants could use Tau tank bits-I thought a railgun for Leman Russ, lengthened plasma cannons for exterminator (just thought of that now, will add to list), Ion cannon for eradicator nova cannon/executioner (will add to list).

While riding with a friend back home, I was paging through the codex for other ideas and saw how awesome Manticores are. I thought "What can I do for that?" I started thinking about everything in the skyray box and realised I could use the missiles from the skyray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

oh sorry dude i thought you need help with the info. although you conversion plan sound really cool. i would like to see them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I get a chance during the next 2 weeks (I am going to Boy Scout camp on the 27th until August 2nd). I need to buy, hack up, put together, come up with a paint scheme...Maybe I'll just put a few shoulder pads on a guard squad....

+ Reply to Thread