Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Really Im picking up some Ogre Bulls tomorrow. [The start of my tribe and I will be posting pictures of my models], $50 worth of paints and some other hobby gear but a few things have struck me that I'de like cleared up by you guys before I fork out $100+
I each query 1-4, and each need an answer
1. The Skin: Im not really sure whenever to go for the skin in the OK army book or come up with something different. Personally I like the skin out of the Ogre book but I'de like to be unique since im spending so long on this army. Comment on what you think. DISCUSS!!!
2. Rust: Im doing nice simple rust, Dark Flesh followed by Blazing Orange and Vermin Brown, in the book it says to "Stripple" howd'ya do that?
3. Belly Plates: Im really clueless for this do you guys have any ideas, appreciate it if you could post up pics of your OK models so I can see what other players have done.
4. Command Groups: I've been browsing some army lists and how come most [70%] dont have a champion or crusher, etc???
5. Primer: Im 13 turning 14 in a month or two whatever it is now, rekon the guys would let me purchase some primer from GW, Its right at the bottom of the counter and requires and key to open, so im not too sure if they're strict on that here....
- All for now Darksun
Thanks for all that.
Im going today so we'lle see if I can get it.
In case you haven't done the models yet, "stippling" is just like drybrushing, only instead of dragging the brush along the edge, you "stab" the mini with the brush. This is the way one "drybrushes" a flat surface.
I'm sure he won't mind me posting this link, have a look at DavidVC04's Youtube channel, i came across it when i saw his thread on repairing a chaos champion, and i watched the other videos and foind them quite interesting as well as learning a couple of things, like he has a good method on gauging the level that the paint needs to be watered down to that i'd never used before
YouTube - davidvc04's Channel
Back in the zone!
Interesting, Interesting I have a much better idea now.
I bought the Ogres and have just primed them, I'lle post some pictures up later but that will be in a different thread - I might even make a WIP perhaps.
Last edited by Bajorito; July 15th, 2009 at 05:39.
COMMISSIONS NOW UP: www.powerklawkommissioning.com
Don't quite have the time to paint?
Check out the site - Great prices, Great painting!
i'm painting my husband's Ogres with a basecoat of Graveyard Earth, followed by Kommando Khaki, topped off with a highlight of Rotting Flesh. if you've read their history, then you'd know that Ogres are absolutely disgusting and i wanted their appearance to reflect that.
all the other posters' answers look right, so i won't bother answering the other questions.
i'd post pics but i don't think my ego could handle the beating.
Not just down under either.......
Er, anyway. For Ogre flesh try using Cordite granite as a base colour and mix in Bleached bone for the main colour and more Bleached in for the highlights. It makes a really nice Browny-Green Khaki colour. As it's a Foundation is quite natural looking aswell.