Paladin WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paladin WIP

Happy strokes, happy s... redarmy27's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    331 (x5)

Paladin WIP

While I'm working on my dreaded Blood Raven Librarian, I've decided to multitask for a bit and work on Sir Malcolm by Reaper. The mini is pretty cool, but I still have to get rid of an ugly mold line on the right side of the mini, as you can see. I would do it right now but I'm out of town and I don't have my files on me to do so.

I'm really taking my time on this mini and am enjoying it thoroughly. After talking to Aliengod3 on CMON about blending better, especially after seeing his impressive Nurgle Knights, as well as talking to Zentradi about his beautiful blending skills, I decided to jump at get Vallejo Flow Improver to really help me achieve nice thin layers and optimal blending.

So far, I love it. It's been very nice to work on this guy's face while achieving some nice blending. This mini will be a true workshop for blending and NMM alike. Any C&C will be greatly appreciated.

Jake

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think that is a nice mini. Once you do more work on him it iwll be easier to judge what you're doing with him and how the end result will be. Under his cape there I can still see the slot of his base. You should fill that in with green stuff so that when he's based it does not show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    331 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    I think that is a nice mini. Once you do more work on him it iwll be easier to judge what you're doing with him and how the end result will be. Under his cape there I can still see the slot of his base. You should fill that in with green stuff so that when he's based it does not show up.
    Thanks for the advice . I actually just have him sticky-tacked to the base at the moment since I'll be doing something fun for it once he's done. I just attached him to it temporarily so that I can manipulate him a bit better and such. Damn my unsteady hands...

Jake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far the face looks great

*waits for more updates*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

My only advice would be to clean up the flashing that can still be seen on his cape and armor

Great start on the face.

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

If you're going to be putting a lot of time into the model, make sure to clean up that mold line going down the cape from his right arm!

edit ^ What he said ^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

331 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    If you're going to be putting a lot of time into the model, make sure to clean up that mold line going down the cape from his right arm!

edit ^ What he said ^
    Oh no worries on that. I took my dremel and blasted the little guy into oblivion. I'll post pics tonight.

Jake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

331 (x5)

After removing the pesky mold line, I went to town finishing the face and painting the eyes in. To date, these are the best eyes I've actually been able to paint so I'm pretty pumped about them.

I did some work on the cloak today as well and started to basecoat the armor. I have a long way to go on him, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Jake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

that face is looking like it is coming along very nicely...

If the rest of the figure looks as good as that, it will be one awesome piece.

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

I bought some of the vallejo flow stuff today after reading about how you got some. I think it is fabulous. I have just started my eldar vyper that I won from a tournament and I am working on the driver. It makes blending so much easier. Your model is coming along nicely as well! I am excited to see it finished!
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast