Carapace armoured guard with SM breast plates - help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carapace armoured guard with SM breast plates - help

Hi all, so i've been wracking my brain trying to find a way to do carapace armoured guard that doesn't involve green stuff, or spending a lot of money.

I've decided on using cadian legs with a space marine torso, now i've managed to get one together and it looks pretty awesome i do however have a problem.

Most of the cadian arms holding lasguns will not fit over the space marine breast plate (it's quite a bit larger than the standard cadian one).

Now i can get the model to work by having them holding their guns one handed but alot of the arms in the cadian squad set aren't really suitable for that (most of the guns have hands attached or the angle of the arm on the shoulder is wrong).

Can anyone help me think of a way around this? even if it's just pointing me toward a set of arms that WILL fit around it (i have considered using marine arms without the shoulder pads, but the hands are huge).

Thanks in advance for all help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Power Hungry Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x2)

Youve got a few options there Nbolo.

First: use platicard for the armour over basic cadian bodies. That way the arms will still fit and you can add armour to the legs and arms aswell if you want, not just the torso.

Second: use the SM scout torsos insteand of power armoured marines. They're a bit smaller and more suited to IG than a full powered chest plate.

Third: just use the whole scout, with a wepon swap and maybe some head swaps they make really good IG, especially stormtroopers and enforcers.

The choice would depend on what you want your overall IG armie to look like. If they're all hardened vets or mechanicus skitarii type guys then useing full scouts would look good; they're chunkier and the heads look more bionic/wired than basic IG.
    If you want to design your own armour style, for something a bit different, then plasticard is the way to go. Have you read any of the Guants Ghosts books? Dan Abnett come up with some great IG regiments in those, some really cool armour ideas
    Hobby help? Ask on Themed Armies - Brain for Hire
    WIP Iron Wolves, grrr
    Ia Cthulhu fhtagn! Join the Cult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ what he said. Basically, just stick the scout torsoes on cadan legs, maybe add an armoured plate or two to the legs with plasticard or greenstuff.
    Marines - All built, 4/5 painted. Tau - 3/4 built, 0 painted. 'crons - 1/2 built, 1/2 painted.
    I suck at staying on task.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, i've tried the SM torso idea and i've taken some pics, would love to know what you think, i think it's turned out well but i may be slightly biased (taken me the best part of a day to figure it out).

and

and finally

Still a lost cause? i'm on the fence personally.

NOTE: I will be adding platicard armour plates just below the breast plate to bulk the legs out a bit, i just didn't have any platicard to hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

well according to me it looks nice you should post painted pictures then i can tell for sure
    The strong will always enslave the weak. Where the strong make their own fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are few who are strong and many are their enemies, and the greatest of those enemies is the false Emperor of Mankind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyresh View Post
    well according to me it looks nice you should post painted pictures then i can tell for sure
    Kind of you to say, will post painted pics in the next few days i hope

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

I think he looks great! Very strong and... I'll stop now.

great work!
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dude Walking View Post
    I think he looks great! Very strong and... I'll stop now.

great work!
    Thank you very much, stay tuned for painted pics in the next few days.

Senior Member Power Hungry Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x2)

Thank god GW does all stuff the same scale, even if IG should be heaps smaller than SM.

Looks really good, really gives the guy a beef-cake look, real hard fether
    Hobby help? Ask on Themed Armies - Brain for Hire
    WIP Iron Wolves, grrr
    Ia Cthulhu fhtagn! Join the Cult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Power Hungry Monkey View Post
    Thank god GW does all stuff the same scale, even if IG should be heaps smaller than SM.

Looks really good, really gives the guy a beef-cake look, real hard fether
    Not entirely the look i was going for but it works (the beef cake look i mean).

Yeah it is a little odd that marine stuff fits guardsmen so well, not sur eif i'm glad or disappointed on that.

Slightly off topic but still model related, what do you guys think of the shotgun? was a last minute conversion, i like it but i'm not sure if it looks shotgun like enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast