DiY Chapter color scheme options - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DiY Chapter color scheme options

i need some help deciding on the scheme for my DiY SM army, i don't know which one looks better, the normal 'ultramarine' blue, the slightly darker 'regal' blue, or the much brighter 'enchanted' blue

i used the SM painter to do a mock up of all three of basic tac marines, tell me which you think suits me best:

Option 1:

the normal ultra's blue (a bit too close to the Ultra's 5th company you think?)

Option 2:

a darker Regal Blueish color

Option 3:

lighter enchanted blue

also i threw a more interesting color scheme into the mix, my other possibility should the other three be deemed unworthy
    Option 4:

this one's more of a lich purple/midnight blue color that i've been toying around with the idea of implementing (too close to SD you think?)

option 5:

swapped the black for a darker red and made his left hand the same color

option 6:

Similar to 5 with a brighter shade of red and a black shoulder insert

option 7:

technically a Soul Drinker color scheme, just replaced the black of the original with bone and made his left hand bone

option 8:

the original with bone shoulders and silver trim

option 9:

a heavily modified version of the original combining all the schemes into one half and half scheme

please comment and critique as you see necessary

oh and of course a link to my IA article over on the B&C for all who are interested to read it: IA: Azure Talons

please click my eggs & dragon hatchlings:

Ignorance is bliss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

I say option 10 MY AVATAR. But in all seriousness out of all your options I say #4 is the best, as I tend to like the darker schemes on marines, with the one notable exceptin being the blood ravens. (sorry to all imperial fist and blood angel players out there but thats how it is) I find it really helps to capture the gothic nature of the 40k universe especially with newer marine kits like the land speeder storm and ironclad and really with land raiders. (You look at a bright yellow land raider and tell me what you think, or what if the fortress of arrogance was yellow *shudder*)
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

194 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Comm_Nagrom View Post
    option 6:

Similar to 5 with a brighter shade of red and a black shoulder insert
    This is by far my favourite, it has more variance than the other colour schemes and the red and blue contrast wonderfully. My only concern is the backpack: instead of grey (or silver, whichever it is) paint it either red or blue, depending on whether you consider it to be 'trim' (minor details like the knee pads, shoulder edges etc) or not. Also IMO red is a better eye colour than green. You may also want to consider adding in more black, perhaps on the lower half of the legs, so it doesn't look all alone on the shoulder pads.

Also, even the red out. Paint the other kneepad and the elbow pads red so it looks a bit more uniform.

Nice avatar Mr B

~ DiW
    Last edited by Acarna; July 22nd, 2009 at 02:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok how about this one?

option 10:

ok i'm really liking this one, what do you guys think:
    Last edited by Comm_Nagrom; July 22nd, 2009 at 17:06. Reason: additional scheme
    please click my eggs & dragon hatchlings:

Ignorance is bliss

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

I'm really liking that last one yoou posted I usually prefer something a little darker, as has been previously explained but it's a good start. The one thing I would change is to make both knee pads black instead of one black one purple.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

+ Reply to Thread