Necron Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necron Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron Help

Ok here is my new Necron project. I painted up 5 while on duty the other night and want some opinions.

I am really curios what would you do with the black areas on the weapons?

My personal favorite part on them is how well the tubes on the weapons turned out.

Ok so the pictures are bad but my good camera disapeared and lighting here sucks but these should do the job for now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Happy strokes, happy s... redarmy27's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    331 (x5)

Nice electrical portions of the guns! Very nice. Too bad the lighting makes your work hard to see. However, I'd suggest a complimentary color for those elements. Perhaps a bright green to look like it's a glowing circuitry element? Or a red? Something that pops from the rest of the model a little bit. You could use the same color for the eyes as well. It'd tie in nicely and give the eyes something to dart to when they look towards your army.

Good work though! I do love the power tubes on the weapons. Nice!

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Just a couple tips from me... Take some black (add a little blue if you want) and add a whole lotta water (and a tiny drop of dishwashing detergant) to it... then paint it all over the model, this will add depth to him/it. Then take some black and do the same again (no blue this time) and paint it all over the metal bits of the gun. For the blue, take the colour blue that you have and add a little white to make it brighter, then paint that on the edges and raised parts of the armour. Do the same for the black but with grey.

I realy like how you did the little blue rods! It looks very cool...

Hope this helps
    -ddw
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

I can't actually make them out too well from the pictures, but I really like the blue rods. How did you do those?

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rods were done the following way.

1. Primed black with rest of mode
    l
    2. base coated Foundation Mordian blue.

3. 50/50 Mordian blue and ice blue used to make lightning like pattern on on the rod I used a Citadel fine detail brush with a light touch.

4. Ice blue highlight on step 3 used a Royal & Langnickel Mini Majestic 20/0 Round brush. Don't worry if the lines are not directly in the center of preceding lines

5. Skull white dots added to intersections of three or more lines used a Royal & Langnickel Mini Majestic 20/0 Spotter brush

I may post a step by step with photos later if I can ever find my good camera.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by redarmy27 View Post
    Nice electrical portions of the guns! Very nice. Too bad the lighting makes your work hard to see. However, I'd suggest a complimentary color for those elements. Perhaps a bright green to look like it's a glowing circuitry element? Or a red? Something that pops from the rest of the model a little bit. You could use the same color for the eyes as well. It'd tie in nicely and give the eyes something to dart to when they look towards your army.

Good work though! I do love the power tubes on the weapons. Nice!
    I think you mean a 'spot' colour (or atleast thats what it was called in W.D by one of the 'eavy metal painters) It helps draw the eye to the details.
    I would try it on the eyes or the icon on the chest. Maybe a bright blue or green or something that stands out form blue and sliver.

I really like your work (the pics dont do them justice). The rod idea is way cool, much better than the green rods. Just need to do the bases and your done!

Rep!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

I really like the lightning effects. Consider that very much stolen for my Necrons.

REP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so I know it has been forever since I posted anything here but the new necrons made me come back and look. I think that I will be picking this army back up for some fun when I get home. So as a forwarning I hope to continue this project in 6 months time. If the Orks I am currently doing get finished faster then anticipated then this may be next.

+ Reply to Thread