Project: Badrukk's Flash Gitz (Pic heavy) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Project: Badrukk's Flash Gitz (Pic heavy)

Something I've never seen on the table, yet absolutely love the idea of, is Kaptain Badrukk and his Flash Gitz (come to think of it, I've never seen Flash Gitz on the table at all...) So, I decided to make it my next project to convert up the Kaptain, a squad of pirate-themed Gitz and a pirate-themed Battlewagon for them to ride in.

Below is my Badrukk conversion. I started with the Black Reach warboss, changed up his power klaw into something more fitting (I know Badrukk doesn't have a PK, but a pirate captain needs a cutlass, and what better idea for a modern cutlass then a pair of chainswords and a choppa?). I then greenstuffed a suitably piratish coat (complete with Bad Moon logo on the back), added the hat from an Ogre Maneater and a greenstuff cigar. Finally, I dakka'd up the warboss' slugga as much as possible to simulate Da Rippa.

Appologies about the photo quality. My camera isn't the best.

Front view:

Back view:

Da Rippa:

Modified Power Klaw (with extra dakka & battle damage):

Next, I'll be converting up Bakrukk's Battlewagon, followed by the Flash Gitz and finally the Ammo Runts/Powder Grots.

As always, comments and critique are greatly appreciated.

"I like your style. You make up your own rules, just like me. Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive." - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

How you gonna go about doing the rest of the squad? Are we talking pirate hats a piece? Could look damned cool.

Might I suggest a figurehead on the battlewagon, and/or a mast? Would add greatly to the nautical effect, and I can easily imagine this guy attaching the corpse of a particularly prized enemy to the 'prow of his ship'.

Great idea.
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Only Badrukk is going to have the traditional pirate hat to make him stand out more. The Gitz are going to have a mixture of headbands/bandanas or no hats (after all, not every pirate wore a hat). Hats or no, they will all be pirate-themed in one way or another (expect things like parrots and eye patches).

For the Battlewagon, I'm mounting the front ram upside down and bending it in the middle to create a front prow of a ship. As I want to be able to use the model on the table, I'll be mounting a pivoting Killkannon on the front, with the tip sticking out over the prow. Likewise, there will be a kannon mounted on one side (for broadsiding, of course) as well as 4 big shootas spread across the model. Might even have a kannonball coming out of the kannon, attached by a chain that disappears down the barrel and count it as a Wreckin Ball.

I like the mast idea. I'll see what I can do to incorporate it. To that end, I'll probably have as much of the rear of the Battlewagon empty as possible, for a deck-like effect. Maybe even greenstuff a sail and some rigging for the mast.
    "I like your style. You make up your own rules, just like me. Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive." - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

Sounds like it should be rather a beast! make sure to keep us posted, very interested to see how this comes along sir.
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Well, I had to wait a little while to start the battlewagon (waiting for my local store to replenish their stock -.-) but after a bit of work today, I've managed to get it to a stage that I'm happy with until the extra parts arrive via direct order (deffroller, etc). The only parts of the model that weren't in the box is the chain ladder leading to the crows nest, and the mast (both of which were picked up at a nearby hardware store).

Side view. I turned the ram piece upside down to create the prow of the ship, then used spare panels to fil in the gaps between the cabin and the prow for a proper, orky, ramshackle look. And yes I know the front set of wheels is missing. When the deffrolla arrives, it will take the place of the front axle.

3/4 View: I had to gap fill around the mast with greenstuff, as the 19mm dowel I used for the mast was slightly smaller then the hole.

Kannon: Made from the spare gun in the battlewagon box. And just so people know what it is, there's a kannonball in mid-shot. Incidentally, the kannonball also serves as my Wreckin Ball. I also realise that the kannonball is a hell of alot bigger then the barrel of the kannon. One of the infinite mysteries of ork konstrukshun.

Side view (no weapons): Everything that can be removed has been, for the purpose of seeing the modified shape of the prow. I was towing with the idea of pinning the crows nest so it could be removed/rotated, but in the end I was happy enough to leave it.

Rigging: Well the grot needs to get up there somehow...Although I suppose a swift boot to the backside would also work...

Crow's Nest: Complete with lookout grot, spiky bitz and badly-built big shoota.

As always, comments and critique are greatly encouraged. Once the deffrolla and other bits arrive, I'll post more pics of the finished product, and again once it's painted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the basic shape of the wagon, and a deffrolla where the wheels are will look awesome! I'm not sold on the killcannon being so close to the prow, or the cannon/cannonball deal you have. The mast looks too thick but overall you've done a great job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Yeah, alot of people at my local store have commented on the kannonball, so I've removed it from the kannon. I'm working on having a gretchin hoisting it over the side as a sort of anchor. Again, thanks for the comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Well, it's been 2 weeks but I've finally finished the battlewagon. I've significantly altered several components, including:

-Removed the Kannonball from the Zzap gun, and indeed the Zzap gun all together

-Replaced the Zzap gun with the kannon, and the kannon with a killkannon (everything in proportion now ^_^)

-Removed the rigging

-Built up the crow's nest so it looks like a turret. And rotates to boot!

-Added more dakka to the crow's nest shoota

-Added an 'anchor', which consists of a straining grot on the sideboard dragging the wreckin ball

-Added the deffrolla front axle (DEFFROLLAAAAAA!! )

-A bunch of other stuff I can't be bothered to mention. Namely, everything's been pinned to rotate/open & close/be removed for Weapon Destroyed results.

Unfortunately, I finished it at the local store today, and it went straight into the display case for our "Golden Russ" competition for best modelled/painted tank. So no pics as of yet. There shall be some as soon as I get the model back. Sooo....sorry for the teaser (to anyone actually following this thread, that is) but I shall endeavour to have pics up shortly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soundz proper orky. Just post sum picz yah lazy git!

/ork

Seriously though, sounds like you've had a blast with this thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Well, I finally got my act togeher, broke into the local GW and got my finished battlewagon out to take happy snaps. Luckily, it was during business hours so breaking in was as easy as walking through the front door, and there was some conveniant GW employees to help me sneak into the display cabinet.....

As for the "Golden Russ" competition, I came second, behind a masterfully done Nurgle Land Raider.

But, without further delay, I present Badrukk's Flashwagon.

BROADSIDE! ALL GUNS FIRE!!

Side view:

Front view (DEFFROLLAAAAAA!!):

New crow's nest (with added protection for the grot...even if it's made out of scrap metal):

Blurry kannon - krew plank up (sorry about the quality):

Kannon + Big Shoota - krew plank down (the plank is made out of a boarding plank and pinned to the kannon so it can be raised and lowered. When raised, it'd held in place by a pin. The pin can be removed to allow the plank to be lowered. The reason I made this is so I could get all the guns on the battlewagon to face in the same direction for the all-important "broadside" attack. I'm rather proud of the rust effect, created by stippling blazing orange over scorched brown and giving it a watered-down devlin mud wash):

Da Skippa (Every ship needs a good skipper to direct it. And Badrukk sure as hell won't be doing it, he's too busy shooting over the side!):

Da Killkannon (the mother of all dakka...):

Stripped (all removable components taken off, namely all the weapons):

Da Anchor Grot (here's where the Wreckin Ball went. Doubles as an anchor, held by a straining grot):

Well, thats the Flashwagon. And the good news is that I've picked up a box of looterz which, when combined with the Black Reach nobz, will serve as my Flash Gitz. More pics of those when I put them togehter, and again when painted.

As always, comment and critique is greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast