The Iron Colonel - WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The Iron Colonel - WIP

For those of you who have seen my Straken Conversion this is how far i've got with him. Ok i know it's not very far seeing as i built him over a week ago but hey I'm a busy guy!

For those of you who didn;t here's a link http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...n-colonel.html

Here he is so far. I'll hope to have some more pics up of him tomorrow. Any tips on what colours are working or what aren't and what colours i should do things i havent will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the Picture Quality. The camera was having a fit at the time and focusing on the furthest part.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Lord Borak; August 3rd, 2009 at 22:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

I think perhaps the red is a little too dark? Perhaps lighten this up a little to bring greater contrast to the model, and then match the haft of the hammer to this new colour?

Maybe a beaten bronze effect for the hammer head? Matching the cold on the cuirass, but a tad battle worn (it is after all for smacking people around).

Might make him stand out a tad more on the field, and lets face it, a model this bad-ass needs to stand out!

Great model, (+rep!)
    Inquistion force WIP. Pics on posts 17 and 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

You gotta love the pose, its a simple yet very effective conversion. The paintjob is cool, especially the awesome skintone you managed to achieve.

rep fer youse
    The strong will always enslave the weak. Where the strong make their own fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are few who are strong and many are their enemies, and the greatest of those enemies is the false Emperor of Mankind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Excellent looking model.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Cheers guys

CRISPIN: Yeah you're right about the cloak being dark. I've taken some more photo's with better lighting as those really are dark lol. Although that red was looking fairly boring so i added some more colour to it to brighten it up a bit Hope you think it looks a wee bit better.

I've done some freehandy work on the cloak, nothing fancy just a boarder. Although the back still needs neatening up - My eyes are to tired to do that tonight though lol.
    I'm thinking about putting more things on there though but i'm still pondering about what though. fancy swirls, the Imperial Eagle i dunno! The reverse side of the cloak will be black highlighted up to a blue/grey.

Done the hammer but i'm unsure as to what colour to do the half. Any ideas?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Lord Borak; August 3rd, 2009 at 23:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x1)

Looks much better indeed with the new photo sir, very well played! I'd still say perhaps the haft should match the cloak? Might tie in the two sides of the model, make him look more symmetrical. My usual suggestion would be white, but I'm not sure this would fit the model, so I'd go with red.

Loving the freehand work on the cloak too, brings it to life a bit. Fancy swirls sound cool though, perhaps a bit of gold brocade?

Coming along very nicely indeed, keep up the good work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

OH YEAH!!!

Gj all around, especially the eyes.

How'd u get the sutcher marks on his left arm where teh prosthetics connect?
    #25 - Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

CRISPIN: Now each time you said red the more my brain thinks "that should work". Ok i'll try it but if it looks bum i'm blaming you Ok Swirls are a go too. Not sure on the pattern though. I'll have a look around and see if i can copy someone elses work

SHOTGUN: What does "Gj" mean?? I'm no good with this interweb speak. I'll just asume it means "good" lol. Yeah i'm quite happy with the face in general really. the pics don't really do it justice in showing the highlights off but oh well
    The bionic arm is off a Space Marine Servitor. Apart from the Green Stuffed bicep the rest was already modeled onto the servitors arm. You should be able to see all that on the modelling thread. (the links in the Original post)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

"GJ" = "Good Job"

And I agree. I LOVE that face! Nicely done!
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x1)

Here's hoping it doesn't look bum then. Good luck (for my sake).

Also victory for me, in the most minor way imaginable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast